bump
  • Kee315
    Kee315 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am in! I will be doing the lean!!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    On week two, LOVING it!! and Tony IS awesome.... LOL! get a look at perfection, cheeeezball. I seriously do like him though!!!!!! BRING IT!!!!!!!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I love Tony too! Even his stupid one liners! I'm really curious on how people's progress goes with the lean!

If you are doing lean, why did you choose that over the classic? Are you not into lifting weights? Being 2/3's in I can assure you I haven't gotten beefy doing the classic!
  • blwood860
    blwood860 Posts: 31
    Options
    If Tony wasn't goofy, I would have a harder time getting through the vids!
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed Shoulders and Arms last night. This workout is probably my favorite.
    I'm not sure why I chose the lean version. I guess I figured I needed to lose weight and not just tone my overall body. I did try Plyometrics a couple of weeks ago and couldn't even get through the first 15 minutes so I'm glad that is not a part of the Lean version. Maybe after I complete my first round I'll give the Classic version a go. Hopefully, I'll be in better shape and by then it'll be cooler out. (My house doesn't have air conditioning so it's been tough with this extreme heat.)
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I completed Shoulders and Arms last night. This workout is probably my favorite.
    I'm not sure why I chose the lean version. I guess I figured I needed to lose weight and not just tone my overall body. I did try Plyometrics a couple of weeks ago and couldn't even get through the first 15 minutes so I'm glad that is not a part of the Lean version. Maybe after I complete my first round I'll give the Classic version a go. Hopefully, I'll be in better shape and by then it'll be cooler out. (My house doesn't have air conditioning so it's been tough with this extreme heat.)

Oh wow, the lean version doesn't have plyometrics?? Yes, it would be super tough to do a lot of the workouts without air conditioning!! Good luck, keep pushing play! :)
  • ralison
    Options

Oh wow, the lean version doesn't have plyometrics?? Yes, it would be super tough to do a lot of the workouts without air conditioning!! Good luck, keep pushing play! :)
    No Plyo in the first phase definitely. I'm pretty sure the Lean version only uses Cardio and Core Synergistics.
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Does anyone else (DAE) use a heart rate monitor? If so, which one do you use? I just got the Polar FT4 and tried it out today. I love it!
  • ralison
    Options
    Does anyone else (DAE) use a heart rate monitor? If so, which one do you use? I just got the Polar FT4 and tried it out today. I love it!

I don't have a heart rate monitor. For P90x this is what I do. (I know this probably isn't the best method, but I'd rather not overestimate and do not want to buy a HRM.) I just underestimate and say my P90x workout burned 200 calories. In reality this number probably is over atleast 250-300 for each workout. I just would rather not overestimate.
  • ralison
    Options
    How is everyone coming along with their program? I just finished week 2 of the Lean program. I already can notice an endurance bump up and subtle changes in my body structure. I can't wait to finish 30, 60, and 90 days of P90x. I'm sure all the hard work is going to pay off.
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I'm still truckin' along! I'm on Day 72 and going strong, although I don't feel as "ripped" as I thought I may be after working out straight for 72 days I'm definitely feeling mighty!

Yesterday during chest and back I did 20 push-ups for most of the sections (except for dive bombers & diamonds- did less) and I just felt really great doing it!

I'm a little worried because on Day 82 (the 12th) I'm going on a short vacation with some friends. I should be able to do P90x that morning but doing it on Saturday and Sunday will be impossible. Missing X-stretch on Sunday is forgivable but I don't know about Kenpo! Maybe I'll try to do KenpoX & YogaX on Thursday since I don't normally have a huge calorie burn from Yoga.

I ran into this one other time, back in early July I went on a short vacation and missed Yoga, Legs & Back, KenpoX, and X-stretch for that week but I just restarted the whole week 9 as if I never did the first 3 days of workouts. I don't think tha'tll be necessary for this next coming week if I double up to make sure KenpoX gets done (and of course Legs & Back on Friday morning)

I'm not *too* stressed about it because I'm already planning on doing another round of P90x with P90x Plus!!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Oh, and one non-scale victory (NSV) I've noticed is that all of my pants are practically falling off of me! I put on a pair of shorts today I haven't worn in months and they barely stayed on my hips!

I guess I'll be clothes shopping soon. :) Even though I don't feel like I look that different in the mirror there's definitely something happening and I think its for the better!
  • ralison
    Options
    Oh, and one non-scale victory (NSV) I've noticed is that all of my pants are practically falling off of me! I put on a pair of shorts today I haven't worn in months and they barely stayed on my hips!

I guess I'll be clothes shopping soon. :) Even though I don't feel like I look that different in the mirror there's definitely something happening and I think its for the better!

I'd like some of my pants to get looser too! You probably don't notice the difference yourself because you look at it everyday. But i bet if you put the pics side by side you'd be able to tell.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I'm currently part way through week 2 of the Classic program. So far I'm thoroughly enjoying every bit of it except Ab Ripper X - it kills me! Last week I didn't get much out of Yoga X but this week I was more prepared for it and also better able to complete the moves. During the first half I was absolutely dripping with sweat (eww, I know).

I'd say my favourite is a toss up between Kenpo X and Plyometrics, with Kenpo slightly in the lead. It reminds me of my old tae kwon do days, but with elbows to the head (not a big part of tae kwon do, at least from the school I went to).
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    so, question for you p90xers...anyone experience muscle cramping during your stint with p90x? ive noticed this week that im getting some muscle cramping in different parts of my body during the routines...i know some people say take vitamins, while others say to eat certain things. just wondering if anyone who's going through or has been through the program has experienced this and if they did, what did yall do to fix it or prevent it from happening?
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options

that's the heart rate monitor i use, and i love it too! i was amazed at the amount of calories i actually burned during my regular workouts (running, etc) as well as during p90x :)
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    so, question for you p90xers...anyone experience muscle cramping during your stint with p90x? ive noticed this week that im getting some muscle cramping in different parts of my body during the routines...i know some people say take vitamins, while others say to eat certain things. just wondering if anyone who's going through or has been through the program has experienced this and if they did, what did yall do to fix it or prevent it from happening?

Hmm...I really don't know! The only cramping I've experienced is during the cardio workouts, not necessarily the weight lifting and as far as my knowledge goes it could be because of hydration. Have you been drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day? I've made it a point to do that everyday this week and its really helped!
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Favorite, Core Synergistics... its do able and you sweat like a dog.. it just gets you all over.

Plyo is brutal. I have done 90x 3 times.. its still brutal. Back and Bicep just fries your arms.

To be honest. The only thing really lacking in 90x is more legs.

Comment on Kenpo: I can't stand Wesley... him and his damn panther paws at the end drive me nuts.. and you have to watch him every ... single... week.