chocolate milk - a good dietary aid!

Options
I'm not a fan of chocolate milk myself, I prefer my milk straight up, lol... but I actually saw a kinesiologist once and he suggested drinking chocolate milk as a post workout recovery drink. I was skeptical of course, but I researched it a bit and its true - it's one of the best things you can drink after a workout! They did mention on the tv show The Doctors that milk was a good post workout drink, but apparently adding chocolate to it packs more punch because it's the perfect balance of carbs and proteins to help refuel your muscles and entire body.

So all you chocolate lovers out there - DRINK UP!!

:tongue:

Replies

• LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    LOVE some chocolate milk. I read that too. I am going to purchase some after I finish with my protein powder!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I drink chocolate milk (1% milk w/ 1 tblsp of chocolate syrup) after all of my workouts!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome carb/protein ratio, perfect for a recovery drink!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I heard that from my triathlete neighbor. She also recommends Carnation Instant Breakfast. Same concept but with added vitamins and minerals.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I read that too, I use choc. milk as a post recovery drink and happily drink it! LOL
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I wonder if the carnation instant breakfasts would be the same....I only like chocolate milk made with them. They do have more calories than regular chocolate milk though.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I heard that from my triathlete neighbor. She also recommends Carnation Instant Breakfast. Same concept but with added vitamins and minerals.

Awesome! I have some of that! yayy.
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I heard the same thing but to make it LOW FAT chocolate milk.... which is SOOO yummy!! =)
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

OOOH!!! Good idea!! =)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate milk. :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am sooo glad I read this post - thank you thank you thank you - I am a chocoholic and now I can get my chocolate milk in without feeling guilty after exercise --- SWEEEEEEET:bigsmile:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I always look forward to my For Goodness Shakes chocolate milk after a hard session!

http://www.forgoodnessshakes.com/
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I'm off to stock up on chocolate milk!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    should you add protein to the chocolate milk? or no?
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    You certainly can, but I don't think you have to. The protein/carb ratio in chocolate milk is apparently the best to deliver nutrients to your muscles and help them recover. Don't quote me on this, but I've heard whey protein is the best for women - that's what I use :)