Hello from GA!

Options
I just signed up this week and am loving this site! I have the app on my iPhone, which is how I typically track my food. I LOVE that it has a recipe ---> calories section as I make my own bread and do much of my cooking from scratch, so I'd just be guessing on what the calorie content was otherwise (and let me tell you, the calorie content shocked me on a few things!!)

At any rate, I'm 6' 1" and am staring at 40 in a few months. I am a mom of 4, my youngest will be 1 on Saturday. Since she's going to be my last, I figured I'd get on the ball and finally lose the weight I never got off completely from my twins who are 7. :/ I also have a son, 5 and had 2 miscarriages b/t him and the baby, so dieting was not something I could really pursue. Not an excuse, but just the way it was! I do well at maintaining, but it's the losing that's hard. (no shock there)

My husband wants to lose about 100 lbs, I want to lose about 70. He's beating me so far (grrr...) with 14 lbs....he started 2 wks ago, and I know men lose weight faster. COMPLETELY unfair, IMHO. lol

Look forward to reaching my goal!

Replies

• ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Don't you just hate how men can lose so much faster?? Welcome to MFP. This site is incredible and I started on July 11. Because of my MFP friends, who are so supportive, I've lost 13 pounds because I feel like they make me stronger! I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Feel free to friend me and I will cheer you on!
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family...
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!! I love that you two are doing this together, and the competition will definitely keep you motivated!! Good luck to you, I hope you reach the goal first !! :laugh:
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I see you log your food in by an app on your phone. I was just phone shopping online because I have gotten addicted to MFP this summer and now it is time to go back to work (school) tomorrow. I have to be able to get on MFP.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hello from another Georgia resident. Good luck with your goals!
  • jgouldsmith
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Men do lose weight faster than women, so make sure you and your husband are not in any contests to who can lose weight the fastest! Just take it one day at a time, eat your allowed calories and get that exercise in and you will continue to lose! Keep up the good work and focus not on the big picture, but what you can do today for weight loss! And don't eat too few calories, it's a trap I got into and it slowed my weightloss and made me feel like poo poo. JG
  • carolinefaith
    carolinefaith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YAY tall women! I am 6'!! Good luck to you! I know that you can lose the weight...and this app helps keep track sooo much!! You will love it!

-Caroline
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Georgia here too! Go Dawgs!! Welcome and good luck!
  • kjpollard
    kjpollard Posts: 68
    Options
    Caroline...YEA TALL!!!

JG...thanks for the advice.

Karla...I got the app first, actually, then came on line. it's a lifesaver and REALLY is keeping me accountable...and keeping me from mindless snacking (my biggest downfall)

Mindy...thanks for the encouragement, but I'm pretty sure he'll win. lol

CW & E...I love living in GA....but I"m an AUburn fan. WAR EAGLE!!! :D
  • carolinefaith
    carolinefaith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I LIVE IN GA BUT GO TO AUBURN!!! War Eagle!! I just finished my freshman year playing volleyball there but I decided not to play again bc I didnt have a life!!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I live in ATL!! WElcome....I've been on MFP for a while but just starting using the forums & I love it esp seeing everyone's transformation pics!!!