Help! I hate eating breakfast

Options
Ehhhh... I hate eating breakfast!!! I know it is the most important meal of the day so I have done it the last few weeks, faithfully, thinking I would just get used to it. But no. I still hate eating in the morning. It just makes me feel sick. I have force it down. I even switch up my food... Eggs, oatmeal, healthy cereal. Its not like i dont enjoy the food. I love all those but just dont like eating them in the morning. Any ideas????

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh... I hate eating breakfast!!! I know it is the most important meal of the day so I have done it the last few weeks, faithfully, thinking I would just get used to it. But no. I still hate eating in the morning. It just makes me feel sick. I have force it down. I even switch up my food... Eggs, oatmeal, healthy cereal. Its not like i dont enjoy the food. I love all those but just dont like eating them in the morning. Any ideas????

Don't eat it! It is not necessary!
  • Birdnicaj
    Birdnicaj Posts: 95
    Options
    I eat breakfast type foods, but a little bit later. I feel the same way in the morning, so now I'm a huge fan of BRUNCH! The bottom line, don't force it!
  • Jester123
    Jester123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Dont eat breakfast? Haha
    Enjoy the Read:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/meal-timing/
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about eating "solid foods" in the morning especially if it is early. I make smoothies with soy milk, frozen fruits, flax seed. It's enough to get me going without holding me down and making me sleepy from heavier foods.

While breakfast is really important - breaking the fast- and all that.....you have to listen to YOUR body!

Best of Luck :)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    What time you are getting up? I used to hate breakfast when I was younger and a night owl. Since my lifestyle changed and my dog and kid wakes me up at 6 am, I am starving by 8 .
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm also a big lover of brunch :) I know what you mean about it feeling horrible to force food down in the mornings. I always wake up feeling heavy and full. If you give it an hour or two, though, and let your body slowly get up to speed for the day, you'll find yourself getting hungrier. Around 10:30am is when I have my light "breakfast", and then I wait until 1:30pm to have lunch.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I dont either, so what I do is take a little baggy of fiber one to work with me and snack on it as I begin working. I am a grazer so this works for me, but i like it because it doesn't force me to sit down and eat a huge meal but it gives me a little bit of fuel to start my day
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    As a "Bride to Be" ... Remember... Eating breakfast is helping your body stay out of starvation mode so you can be at your best when dressed all in white.

;)

You can do this! Small meals, fresh fruit, oatmeal work good for me. (I hate eating in the morning too).
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    I eat breakfast type foods, but a little bit later. I feel the same way in the morning, so now I'm a huge fan of BRUNCH! The bottom line, don't force it!

I agree :)
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a later time. I like to eat at 10:30. Sometimes I eat breakfast food...sometimes I eat a lunch food. THen....I still eat lunch at 1:30 or so....and then din din! It gets me through the day better! : )
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie, or bring a yogurt with you in the morning with a plastic spoon and eat it around 10am. If you can't eat right when you wake up, that's ok, just eat it when you are hungry.

Have you tried plain toast with a little butter btw??? Maybe you are trying things are just too heavy for your stomach first thing in the morning?
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for a big breakfast so I just make a protein shake in the morning with some added fiber. Kick-starts the metabolism without feeling all heavy for the morning :) You could give that a go.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Sometimes I end up eating breakfast around 10 and don't have lunch til' 1 or 2 in the afternoon... I don't think that's too weird, you shouldn't force yourself to eat if it makes you sick
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I posted about this a week ago.

I do not and cannot eat breakfast. It does nothing for me. I'm just a person that doesn't eat it and it works well for me!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    don't look at it as having to sit down and have a typical weekend lazy day breakfast, just a little bit will get your body going again, IMO. a piece of toast, a protein drink or special k shake, sometimes i eat a 4 pack of peanut butter crackers, do I feel full like after my other meals, not really, but I also don't like to eat as soon as i wake up so this works i think.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Grazing or delaying (as noted above) may be a better option for you. I've known very few people to lose and keep weight off long term without including a solid breakfast, but it's not written in stone that you have to eat it right away or all at once. Work with your body but make sure you are getting something in your tank over the course of the morning. (Me? If I don't get a few hundred calories in me within an hour of waking I get nasty!)
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What about the beivita breakfast biscuits with a cup of tea/coffee they're yum! xx
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My oldest son has never liked eating breakfast. He always had to force it down and then he'd feel lousy. But if he waits until he's been up for 2 hours then he can eat. Or, if he doesn't have time to eat later (University student) he just has a quick breakfast shake but even with that he has to wait until he's been up and moving for at least 1/2 hour. It's something in his metabolism that I've never understood.

Not everyone has to eat eggs or oatmeal or cereal for breakfast. The idea, I believe, is to get your metabolism working in the morning so find a healthy smoothy made with fresh fruit and yogurt or something like that - that you can digest in the morning and have a snack later when your stomach is ready for it.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are always a good idea for days when the stomach just can't handle food right away. Orange juice is another good kick off for at least getting something in there for your body to digest, though it has quite a bit in the calories & sugar dept. Kroger has their Active Lifestyle brand that has saved my from giving up my OJ! :o) Fiber One cereal bars too. The 140 calorie ones aren't all that big, but have 9g of fiber each! Gives me something w/out making me feel blech!
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big lover of brunch :) I know what you mean about it feeling horrible to force food down in the mornings. I always wake up feeling heavy and full. If you give it an hour or two, though, and let your body slowly get up to speed for the day, you'll find yourself getting hungrier. Around 10:30am is when I have my light "breakfast", and then I wait until 1:30pm to have lunch.

ME TOO!! It's my fav type of food!!! With Mimosas!!!! MMMMM!!!!!