For those in maintenance-a group challenge!

ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
edited September 30 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi there,as many of us in maintenance mode may know. Just because we have reached our goal weight doesn't mean were done! I propose 10-20 of you join me for some August challenges.I've never really participate din any MFP challenges so you guys can help me out with brain storming and all. Im thinking things like getting all your fruit/veg servings in for x amount of days. Burning x amount of calories,do x amount of crunches,losing x amount of inches. Like weekly challenges and stuff. Sorry if this is kind of rambly. I'll see whos interested and we can come up with ideas and rules from there.

Replies

• LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    I'd be interested in joining - just switching to maintenance myself, and feeling a bit lacking in willpower now I've met my target. Need an incentive to keep going!
  • ambie35
    I know what you mean. I find it so much easier to justify bad eating/not exercising now that I'm in maintenance.Now hopefully a few more people will read this and we can get some motivation going,
  • ambie35
    bump please?
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    I'm game! Fruit and veggies isn't hard for me since I'm a vegetarian though. Maybe crunches or planks? Or other strength moves since those are my current weakness.
  • ambie35
    I am thinking there can be daily and weekly challenges that vary.
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Could I join in? I've been on maintenance for ages but need to work on healthy habits and putting on some muscle. It would be super to be part of a challenge group.
  • ambie35
    of course you can! Feel free to refer any friends on list that are maintaining too.
    Let us know some challenge idea you have. When did ya'll want to star the challenges?
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    I'll keep an eye on this thread - depending on what you guys decide on, I may be interested. Hard to say though, as I'm not counting, or even logging any more. Haven't even been In the gym in over a month. Summer is here, and just can't force myself to be inside when not working. Luckily I'm putting in enough running miles, and otherwise being active, that my weight is staying stable.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    I'd be up for this too. I've reached goal and decided to try for 5 more pounds as a buffer. I hadn't been logging food diligently for almost 2 months, and my water consumption is way down.. I thought by working towards something else would help keep me motivated.
  • LittleMissAlx
    Strength moves and things would be good for me. Could do with building some more muscle and tone, and I always start doing them, then miss a day and it all falls apart from there!
  • ambie35
    Okay tomorrow is august 1st. What will our official challenges be?
    I am thinking 50 situps a day? I am going to challenge myself to eat 2 fruit and 2 veggie servings everyday as well
  • LittleMissAlx
    Sit ups works for me. Every day for a week?

I'm going to try to keep my fat levels down, because I'm over literally every day. Sure that can't be good, even though I'm generally under my calories.
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Sweet. 50 sit-ups a day sounds good for me. Will have to start brainstorming for challenge ides.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Hey, I am not in maintenance *yet* but I will hit my goal weight during August barring any major problems. Can I join? Being in a group with a bunch of success stories will definitely get me there quicker.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    im in! my goals are now fitness focussed as im happy with my weight! ive mostly been shreddng and will do the ripped in 30 days. i also run and do zumba! eating is not too bad for me! but id like to get some more fruit! feel free to add me! could always use some maintainance buddies!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    50 sit ups/crunches/other ab exercises no problem I'm in!
  • M_lifts
    should we get this up and running? im looking for a decent group of maintainers who still workout and log in regularly. I aim to exercise about 4-5 times/ week for august and am trying to eat clean. My main focus now is to be healthier and fitter and am also going to try some weights as well!
  • LittleMissAlx
    Agreed.

From what I've seen of other groups, maybe it's best if we come up with our own goals and things that we want to work on, post them here, and then report back on our success? Cos we probably don't all want to work on the same areas, even though we're all maintaining.

Does that work better?

I totally log in every day, and I'm aiming to exercise at least 6 days a week - 3 days of running, the rest cycling, swimming or general cross training, depending on my location and access to each of those things. Am thinking about adding in the strength training, but at the moment would like to focus on doing things like squats and lunges and other leg related things without weights until I'm a bit more confident with technique and stuff. Anyway, that's enough about me :P
  • M_lifts
    little miss: i hear you. i kind of like to do my own thing as well. time is of the essence and i have to fit short but effective workouts into my daily routines. i love the jillian micheals dvds and just finised the 30ds- didnt do it 3 days straight though, but did workout 6 days a week- tues zumba, then shred for 5 days and 3 of these i combined with running! lol! if that makes sense. For this month- my goals are to continue running x3 a week as i have a 5k race in sept, to combine it with ripped in 30 and continue with zumba once a week. so 4 days workout and 3 days rest.

I think the best way forward would be to use this as a motivating thread. There is a maintainance thread but its not really fitness focused and so i rarely post on it. But would be nice to see how others are getting on :)
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Hi there girls!

I'd like to join in! I think your idea of going at your own pace is perfect. I Don't do zumba, pushups or jumping jacks. But I need to start my own routine of lifting weights & slowing down my cardio. I just started training for the 5k, just doing it for myself. But I'd love to be able to jog a mile :wink: 2 miles would be the ultimate :drinker:

My goal is to make it to 130 to 135 pounds, And I'm now at 138. My family members think I'm fine the way I am, But I know I need to lose a little more in the belly and tone up everything. :blushing:

I know this is a life process for me to keep logging my food & exercise. So lets motivate eachother to stay on track & be accountable.

My height is 5'3 &1/2" :bigsmile:

My usual routine has been speed walking 6 miles every day, with some little jogs. but Now starting tomorrow I need to concentrate on weight lifting for 30 minutes & just walk/jog for 30 minutes. I also need to work hard on getting my veggies back in my diet, I've been slacking big time :wink:
  • ambie35
    I completed the crunches challenge I set for myself last week (50 a day) 5.5 out of seven days. Not too bad. I also joined a plank a day for the month of august in another group and completed that 5 days out of seven last week. My challenge this week is to walk/run 15 miles. Today I did 6.2,so I gave myself a good headstart. What is everyone challenging themselves to this week?
  • LittleMissAlx
    Mine didn't go so well last week. Had more rest days than my training plan allows, and I can't remember the last time I did a squat or a lunge! Still burnt a lot of calories during the week though.
    This week, I'd like to do better. Do some squats and lunges everyday (maybe 20?) and go to the gym every weekday. Would also like to do my 8k run on Sunday in less than an hour.
  • M_lifts
    well my challenge this week is to continue with ripped in 30 and get x3 runs in! eek!
  • LittleMissAlx
    Morning all! How did we do last week?

I've finally managed the challenge I set myself for last week (the 8k - did it in 49mins!) as my weekend didn't go quite to plan (family wedding).

This week I'm aiming to go swimming at least once (always need a push to get me to pool but love it when there), and do my 5k run at the weekend in less than 27minutes (to see if my training plan has been paying off - am aiming for 23mins by race day in October).
  • altushe
    altushe Posts: 57 Member
    Just found this group and would love a non-weight focussed goal. I workout everyday mostly cardio but most days do some weights - but not too much. Need to think of a challenge for myself - the sit-ups were a good idea so I may start with that. How about other non-fitness goals too - like taking time to do something for yourself each week - something that is a treat (i.e., manicure, massage, a bath, shopping, reading a book or magazine, movie night with the girls).
  • LittleMissAlx
    Actually, that's a great idea. Am often too busy to do things for myself - was my birthday nearly a month ago and I still haven't spent the cash I was given because it's meant to be on something frivolous!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    I'm keen to join too :-)
  • M_lifts
    Hey ladies.glad this group is busier. I have an idea. For those def interested in doing challenges etc send me a msg and we can set up a another group and start from scratch with new goals/challenges etc and get to know each other a bit more. I hardly check this thread as its quiet and no one seems to participate. However, if we knew for certain who wanted to take part we could have a little group and more could join in.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,571 Member
    I"d love to join this group if you still have room. I hit my goal weight back in March but what with summer, vacations, trips, etc. 4 lbs. have crept back on. I'm also still trying to figure out what my maintenance calories are! I workout 5-6 times a week doing spinning most MOnday's Wednesday's and Friday's and doing cardio machines on the other days. Sunday is generally my rest day. Now that school starts back tomorrow, I'll be getting to the gym an hour earlier and am gonna start hitting the lifting before my spin class. And I get to play golf again! I know for me it's all diet related because I've always worked out. Mariababe, I'll send you a message!
This discussion has been closed.