Working on a new me, inside and out

Options
Hi. My name is Sandy and though I have been a part of this site for over a month, I'm new to all of this. I joined after my best friend sent me the link. Problem is that I joined off of my smart phone and it doesn't give me all the perks to joining on line. Recently I went to the website on my laptop and saw just how awesome this website is! Anywho...I'm 36, a single mom of two and life has definitely been a rollercoaster for over 20 years. I fell into a depression at 15 after my mom died and I started raising a 2 y/o brother. Food became my best friend, or so I thought. I've continuously played the wow is me card for all these years and I'm sick of it. I'm finally going to be an adult about life and all it has to offer. This is part of my change. I plan on getting in shape and healthy for me and my boys. I'm looking for a job, new friends...a new life period. I plan on keeping my head up and moving forward. I hope you all do too. I wish you all luck with your paths.

Replies

• ScoutMom1
    ScoutMom1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome and luck to you. please feel free to add me as a friend if you like. There is a great support system here!!
  • kjpollard
    kjpollard Posts: 68
    Options
    You can do it! Friend me and I'll encourage you on your journey!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and a great place to be to help you in the changes you want to make. Feel free to add me if you would like. Best wishes to you in this journey!
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck!!! You chose a great site to join and you will find great support!!
  • luvmyjp
    luvmyjp Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Dyson! I'm here if ya need me and give E love for me!
  • Marazene
    Marazene Posts: 97
    Options
    Welcome!! and this web site is awesome for making motivational friends!!!

Feel free to add me if you like!

Good luck!!:happy:
  • kkpo
    kkpo Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey guys if you'd had struggles like these I'd love to be your friend so that we can keep each other motivated! Total issues with depression and eating that I'm straightening out. Love MFP...46 more pounds to lose til dream weight. :)