Stoked!

Options
I'm not athletic by any means (have never been!), and I'm just working my tail off learning the machines, learning how to lift, learning when to give my muscles breaks and when to push them. My short goal was to be able to run. At the time, every time I ran, my shins would have piercing pain during the workout and for about a week afterwards. When I began a little over a month ago, the elliptical was quite a challenge to me. Soon, it wasn't challenge enough. Now I'm working out on machines that I don't know the name of, but they have a longer stride and are more similar to running. The workouts are getting easier. The strength training is getting easier, and I'll be going up in weights next week.
So, so proud of what I'm growing into. Today, I tried the treadmill. I was able to run on the it, and I did really well (for me!) I know I have a very long way to go (and I'll find out tomorrow we'll find out about the shins), but I am so stoked to be seeing some progress!
I'm having a little mental party right now!

Replies

• tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    It's a nice feeling, huh?!? Good job on the running! It's definitely something I had to work myself up to, and I still don't like it, and I'm still not a good runner. So glad you're seeing results and so happy for the confidence and motivation that it's giving you!!
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks Tasha. The sad part is, once I got home and fed the kids, my body pretty much said "no" to most everything else I needed to do for the day. When I'm doing the workout and pushing hard, sometimes it takes me down for the rest of the day. Still evidence that I need to work harder and get my body accustomed to managing hard workouts and a full load at home. Yesterday I was clearly punished for the great workout though. Oh well, onward and upward.