Yummy Salad Ideas?

Options
mattiol4
mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
Does anyone have any salad recipes they would like to share? I am looking to switch up what I put on my salads and would like some new recipes. :)

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Today my salad is:

Fresh spinach, crumbled blue cheese, slivered almonds, dried cherries and a vinaigrette :)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    -strawberry walnut spinach.
    -tuna on greens
    these are two of my favourites.
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Greek Chicken Salad

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups lettuce, packaged mixed greens
    * 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
    * 3 ounces grilled-chicken-breast strips
    * 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
    * 5 large black olives
    * 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices and separated into rings
    * 2 tablespoons fat-free red-wine vinaigrette

Preparation

Combine lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, feta cheese, olives, and onion in a medium bowl. Add dressing, toss, and serve.

Makes 1 serving

Prep Time: 10 mins
    Total Time: 10 mins

Nutrition Facts
    Number of Servings: 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 287
    Total Fat: 13 g
    Saturated Fat: 4 g
    Cholesterol: 55 mg
    Sodium: 1397 mg
    Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
    Dietary Fiber: 5 g
    Protein: 29 g
  • wendibartel
    wendibartel Posts: 132
    Options
    Couldnt get any better then this :)
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    93/7 ground beef, taco seasoned, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded mexican cheese, crumbled whole grain taco shells, and sour cream and salsa for dressing.

Shrimp cooked in 1/8 cup soy sauce, 1/2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp red cooking wine, ground ginger, black pepper, garlic then remove the shrimp, mix 1/2 tsp corn starch with a little water and cook into sauce until slightly thickened, use this as your dressing over lettuce, mandarin orange segments and a few crunchy chow mein noodles.

London broil grilled and tossed with fresh crumbled bleu cheese and lettuce, I like balsamic basil vinagrette and croutons with it.

Enjoy!!!
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like to have grilled chicken, strawberry, mandarin oranges and sliced almonds. I used spinach for the base salad. My favorite dressing with this is light poppy-seed dressing but a raspberry vinaigrette is also tasty.
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Greek Chicken Salad

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups lettuce, packaged mixed greens
    * 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
    * 3 ounces grilled-chicken-breast strips
    * 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
    * 5 large black olives
    * 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices and separated into rings
    * 2 tablespoons fat-free red-wine vinaigrette

Preparation

Combine lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, feta cheese, olives, and onion in a medium bowl. Add dressing, toss, and serve.

Makes 1 serving

Prep Time: 10 mins
    Total Time: 10 mins

Nutrition Facts
    Number of Servings: 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 287
    Total Fat: 13 g
    Saturated Fat: 4 g
    Cholesterol: 55 mg
    Sodium: 1397 mg
    Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
    Dietary Fiber: 5 g
    Protein: 29 g
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    -Bay shrimp, cucumbers, romaine, tomatoes with a dressing of 2 parts cocktail sauce to 1 part mayo (or sour cream).
    -Chicken Caesar
    -Taco Salad (great if you have tacos/burritos/fajitas for dinner the night before and make extra meat)
    -Waldorf
    -Tuna, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, garbanzos w/olive oil and balsamic (or lemon juice).
  • birdplane
    birdplane Posts: 4
    Options
    Best salad I ever ate had unidentified greens, grilled chicken, mandarin oranges, little cubes of apples, raisins, sunflower seeds, a little feta cheese and an unidentified dressing. When I tried to make it at home, I used regular lettuce cause that's what I had, pomegranate seeds instead of oranges, and a bit of poppyseed dressing and it was still delicious...
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    My best friend comes up with the best salad ideas. She often just tosses together what she has lying around. The other day we ate spinach salads with pecans, pears, goat cheese, and dried cherries with a little bit of olive oil and vinegar. Delicious.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mediterranean_tuna_antipasto_salad.html

I added cucumbers and after re-reading the recipe today remembered that I forgot the capers...
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Spinach
    Mandarin Oranges (drained)
    Feta cheese
    Artichokes (drained)
    Pecans
    Strawberries
    you dont need dressing as it creates its own silky finish.
    Add grilled chicken if you like!
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My best friend comes up with the best salad ideas. She often just tosses together what she has lying around. The other day we ate spinach salads with pecans, pears, goat cheese, and dried cherries with a little bit of olive oil and vinegar. Delicious.

Omg I'm so having this Sunday night!
  • victoriamiddleton
    Options
    bump
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, get bored with my salads , I love peas on my salad and i always use a little vinegar too. I noticed we both want to lose about the same amount of lbs. D u want to be friends??
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lunch today is taco salad. Left over taco meat, cheese, salsa, ranch. I like the heat up the meat before I throw it all the salad. Makes it seem more like a real meal to me.
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these ideas! They sound delicious! I am excited to try them... I am running to the store now to get some of the ingredients :)

Thanks!
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I loooooove grilled salmon on spinach with strawberries... or pork tenderloin. Whatever meat we are having for dinner I always try to make into a big salad for me... and add fruit to it. Spinach is my favorite to use... and I always keep grape tomatoes, carrots, sprouts, and cabbage on hand to put on salads. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and diced apples are my favorite fruit on a salad. And I always use balsamic vingerette. Mmmm... I'm getting hungry thinking about it!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Even my two year old loves this simple spinach salad recipe:

2 parts balsamic vinegar
    1 part olive oil
    1 part soy sauce (we use the gluten free)
    1-2 minced or crushed garlic.
    Fresh spinach leaves

I usually make the salad, then put the finishing touches on the rest of the dinner. By the time everything is ready the spinach leave have wilted just a touch, and are delectable!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I tried this yesterday. It was delicious:

Ingredients:

Lettuce - Red leaf, raw, 0.5 head
    Granny Smith Apple - Medium Whole With Skin, 1 each
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cup slices
    Sliced - Baby Bella Mushrooms , 1/2 cup
    Marie's - Creamy Ranch Dressing, 2 Tbsp

Total Calories: 293 (2 servings)
    Calories Per Serving: 147

You probably want 2 servings for a lunch salad, at minimum. i would add a protein to it, e.g. egg or chicken if you are having only the salad for a meal.