Scary

bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
edited September 30 in Food and Nutrition
So, i started logging my meals today (I'm a newbie) and BTW, love the bar code scanning feature on my iphone, that ROCKS!!! Looking at all I've eaten today for bkfst and lunch and snacks and the calorie/protien/fat ratios. Holy CRAP batman!!! its no wonder I'm a little chubby (morbidly obese). What an eye opener! This is going to take come serious modifications to my diet. Course you all knew that!! :ohwell:

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    I know that feeling. Sometimes, in times of overconfidence, I try and eyeball portions and guesstimate-- not a good call! lol! I usually eat too much and totally overestimate my portion size. Guess that;s what MFP is there for, huh?
  • bikermike5094
    No doubt!! Wished I had found this site 10 years and 100 lbs ago!!!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    I also love the barcode scanner. That's what attracted me to the site in the beginning. But the community is what keeps me here...that and the results so far! :) When you really get going and start to make some changes in your diet, but sure to get yourself a food scale. A cheap one will work just fine. It's been the single best tool for me. No more guessing what's a serving of chicken. Now I know...4oz is a lot smaller than I thought! LOL

Best of luck to you! :happy:
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 741 Member
    I predict a few years down the road, this technology will advance and you can just point your phone at the dish you ordered, and it will recognize the dish and give you a feedback on the nutrition.
  • Johnsweaver
    Johnsweaver Posts: 46 Member
    I predict a few years down the road, this technology will advance and you can just point your phone at the dish you ordered, and it will recognize the dish and give you a feedback on the nutrition.

Every menu could have a little QR code next to the dish with all the nutrition info. I'd be surprised if some restaurant hasn't done this already.
  • bikermike5094
    I would be all for that. Can you imagine the difference it would make in our meal choices? I had mcd's for lunch... terrified to enter it into my log and watch it kill my calorie counter. Afraid MFP might kick me off the site for even mentioning it. LOL!!
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    i was having a look back on what i ate when i first joined. I didnt change my diet before i started, just ate it, logged it ,seen how many calories and either thought 'right, that wasn't worth it - never having that again!!' Or "that was worth it, but i'll need to have a less calorific lunch to fit it in as dinner or burn more exercise calories to have it"

good luck on MFP (nice wheels btw!)
This discussion has been closed.