What do you say?

Options
I was in Starbucks getting a cup of coffee and a slim girl in a very, very tight skirt walked up in front of me.
She was SO loud and so obnoxious- truly one of the most painful people I have ever listened to...

Then she started talking about how her father had called her fat and how it's not like she's 200 pounds and she was going on and on about how at least she's not 200 pounds and how fat she is and...standing there, being very close to 200 pounds myself, I really just wanted to ask her to stop talking. She was so loud and just talking incessantly that the barista couldn't hear me order!

What would you guys do in a situation like this? I can't put into words how grating this woman was! OY! Had to vent.
Have you ever dealt with a similar situation? How'd you handle it?

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    ***** slap her :grumble:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I used to just slither away regretting not saying a word... but not the case anymore! I would have called her out. I actually got a little worked up reading this and some of the other things I'd say would be deleted by the mod. Any many occasions, me and my very sharp-tongued husband have received "thank you's" and some applause with our "put you in your place" attitude. I like to say what everyone wishes they could say.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Wait did she bud in front of you in line too? Depending on my mood and if my son was right there i would of commented to who i was with about the skinny b*tch in front of me and possible tell her to move because i was ahead of her and then i would want to fight her. but i wouldnt...lol
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I use to not say anything also, and lately wish i would have....

I actually think it pisses ppl off more to talk under your brother like "wow what a *****" or "oh my god, shut up", just loud enough for then to hear you... than for you to actually say something to them.

or to give them the "screw you" look, ppl hate when they get looked at with major attitude
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Say nothing. Why would she need to express all of this to an audience of strangers? Obviously some major issues going on there and I'd actually feel very sorry for her to be honest....
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Whew! You guys are feisty! I love it! Making me feel better already!! :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Wait did she bud in front of you in line too? Depending on my mood and if my son was right there i would of commented to who i was with about the skinny b*tch in front of me and possible tell her to move because i was ahead of her and then i would want to fight her. but i wouldnt...lol

I was wondering if she bud in line too LOL, then I'd definitely say something =P