Do you ever get days when you have no energy??

Options
I got up this morning, looking forward to the gym, went to work for a couple of hours first - yawning my head off within the first hour! Got to the gym - which was quite busy today, and just felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I could only manage half the workout I usually do, and had a struggle to walk up the hill to come home.

Got to go back to work in 30 mins, but I just fee llike curling up on the sofa and going back to sleep.

I'm supposed to be going to my first ever pilates class tonight, but not sure if I can find the energy for it.

I've been going to the gym literally every day, think I may have just worn myself out :cry:
Trouble is, I fee llike I'm letting myself down by not going, and I am worrying if I don't go the the gym at least 6 days per week, I won't lose the weight - does that make sense?

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I got up this morning, looking forward to the gym, went to work for a couple of hours first - yawning my head off within the first hour! Got to the gym - which was quite busy today, and just felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I could only manage half the workout I usually do, and had a struggle to walk up the hill to come home.

Got to go back to work in 30 mins, but I just fee llike curling up on the sofa and going back to sleep.

I'm supposed to be going to my first ever pilates class tonight, but not sure if I can find the energy for it.

I've been going to the gym literally every day, think I may have just worn myself out :cry:
    Trouble is, I fee llike I'm letting myself down by not going, and I am worrying if I don't go the the gym at least 6 days per week, I won't lose the weight - does that make sense?
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I work nights. I NEVER have enough energy because I'm always jet-lagged. :yawn:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My suggestion, if you can push it just a little more, go to the pilates class. It's must different than a cardio workup and you may find you actually have a little more energy today, and feel stretched and refreshed for tomorrow. But go at your pace, not what everyone else is doing. It takes alot of core strength and concentration, but it really stretches out your muscles. I hope the rest of your day gets better. CONGRATS on going to the gym though. A little is definitely better than none.
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I felt like that yesterday too!! I was doing my workout and normally the 10 minute segments that I do fly by, but yesterday they seemed to last forever!! After that I just vegged out on the recliner for the rest of the night. I blame it on the lack of daylight! I've felt less energetic now that it gets darker earlier. I can feel the winter blues starting already. :frown:
  • titans6us
    Options
    You may want to take a look at what you are eating.
  • Kimlane70
    Options
    did you eat? i eat before and after i work out....healthy food of course. you might ought to take a look at your calories and make sure they aren't too low. KIM
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yep! I get that way sometimes. And when I do get to the gym, I feel like it was a useless trip! lol! I will be on the elliptical barely not even working up a sweat! I hate those days!! I think it is one of those things that happens to all of us sometimes.

If it happens regularly, then maybe make sure you are getting enough protein, iron, etc...take a multi-vitamin, drink plenty of water and try to get enough rest. But even then, some days are just harder.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    You may want to take a look at what you are eating.

Good thinking, I only usually have around 300 calories, a cereal, with yogurt, fresh fruit and bran.
    I'll try and have something more calorific beforehand, thanks for the advice :happy:

Also, work has been really hectic, I've worked 36 hours in 3 days, then 8 hours in the past 2, all without a day off, that's probably not helping either. :blushing:

I've told my work I have to take it easier, and spread the load out a bit better. I have one day off a week, my huby thinks maybe I should take 2 days off a week - something to think about, trouble is, I'd only end up doing more round the house, my problem is, I can't keep still :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I get that way too. And sometimes you need to take a rest day and just watch your calories. Your body will tell you when it's time to rest. BUT don't let it go on for too long. I am on the Billy Blanks web site too and I actually posted the same type of question a while back. The nutritionist, Billy, Shellie, and all the other TaeBo people told me that you should try to get at least one rest day per week. They said on that rest day, it gives your muscles and body time to recooperate and you should get back on track the next day. They also said that you should have one light workout day per week. Maybe half the workout or just go for a walk instead of a workout. You don't want to push yourself too hard...it could result in injury. If this gets to be a normal thing and you feel it all the time. You may want to see a doctor.:flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I get that way too. And sometimes you need to take a rest day and just watch your calories. Your body will tell you when it's time to rest. BUT don't let it go on for too long. I am on the Billy Blanks web site too and I actually posted the same type of question a while back. The nutritionist, Billy, Shellie, and all the other TaeBo people told me that you should try to get at least one rest day per week. They said on that rest day, it gives your muscles and body time to recooperate and you should get back on track the next day. They also said that you should have one light workout day per week. Maybe half the workout or just go for a walk instead of a workout. You don't want to push yourself too hard...it could result in injury. If this gets to be a normal thing and you feel it all the time. You may want to see a doctor.:flowerforyou:

Thanks Kellch, I'll try that and see what happens :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple links I found:

http://kidshealth.org/teen/question/dieting/overexercise.html

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercisehealth/a/toomuchexercise.htm

There are more...but I'm not gonna post em all. Just type in a search engine....burned out on exercise...am I exercising too much....too much exercise and you'll come up with some articles that could be helpful :flowerforyou:
  • mpf1118
    Options

• Jackie_W
    Options
    Here's a couple links I found:

http://kidshealth.org/teen/question/dieting/overexercise.html

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercisehealth/a/toomuchexercise.htm

There are more...but I'm not gonna post em all. Just type in a search engine....burned out on exercise...am I exercising too much....too much exercise and you'll come up with some articles that could be helpful :flowerforyou:

Thanks for that :flowerforyou: found some really good advice there :drinker:
  • mpf1118
    Options
    Hey there, how are ya feeling today??? Here are a few suggestions that I think will really really help your energy level....

1st) Go to Walgreens and buy the LIQUID B Complex, it's not the best tasting product in the world, but it will give you the natural boost of energy all day long. You can even take it towards dinner time without it affecting your sleep. Use it all day long if you have to, every few hours put the liquid under your tongue then swallow....very easy solution.

2nd) You need to make sure that you are getting plenty of protein if your are working out. Make sure you buy a protein shake at GNC that is easily digested and take right after your workout to replenish and build your strength up so that your muscles will not fatigue.

3rd) Make sure you are eating every 2 - 3 hours, but small meals. Lot's of complex carbs, that digest slowly in the body to give you that lasting energy.

4th) There are products on the market that you can mix in with your protein shake that replenish and support your recovery after your workouts. Try L-Glutamine powder, that will also help.

All of these should help....remember your muscles need replenishing after each workout to prepare you for your next one. Try getting the fitness mags like "Hers" or "Oxygen" that give you tons of suggestions and meal ideas to help in the process of losing weight but gaining muscle.

GOOD LUCK, hope this helped.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have been dragging for weeks.....ever since the time change.....
    :laugh:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Hey there, how are ya feeling today??? Here are a few suggestions that I think will really really help your energy level....

1st) Go to Walgreens and buy the LIQUID B Complex, it's not the best tasting product in the world, but it will give you the natural boost of energy all day long. You can even take it towards dinner time without it affecting your sleep. Use it all day long if you have to, every few hours put the liquid under your tongue then swallow....very easy solution.

2nd) You need to make sure that you are getting plenty of protein if your are working out. Make sure you buy a protein shake at GNC that is easily digested and take right after your workout to replenish and build your strength up so that your muscles will not fatigue.

3rd) Make sure you are eating every 2 - 3 hours, but small meals. Lot's of complex carbs, that digest slowly in the body to give you that lasting energy.

4th) There are products on the market that you can mix in with your protein shake that replenish and support your recovery after your workouts. Try L-Glutamine powder, that will also help.

All of these should help....remember your muscles need replenishing after each workout to prepare you for your next one. Try getting the fitness mags like "Hers" or "Oxygen" that give you tons of suggestions and meal ideas to help in the process of losing weight but gaining muscle.

GOOD LUCK, hope this helped.

I have to be very careful of my protien intake due to being diabetic, so cannot have protien drinks.
    works I am going to reduce my hours - I think that's the core reason I've ended up so lethargic today, I've done 56 hours work in 5 days, and am absolutely knackered - only hit me in the gym today, but boy did I feel it.
    I will look out for these mags though, anything to help. I'm also going to take a long hard look at my intake before I head for the gym, making sure I eat more complex carbs etc before hand :bigsmile:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I have been dragging for weeks.....ever since the time change.....
    :laugh:

Hmmm, time change, kinda brings it home that winter's setting in :grumble: