who would have thought it would work?!!

Options
124»

Replies

• sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i just went thru a topic here on this deficit....it is really informative....this is its link....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

hope it helps
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Why does raising calories work for everyone else? If I raise my calories, I either gain or even out... What am I doing wrong?
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I've been stuck for about a week now. I'm going to try upping my calories for a while to see if I'll start losing again. Now, to just convince my brain that it's ok to eat more than 1200 net calories. That's the toughie for me!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I was really concerned about upping my calories.... but I did. I went from 1200 to 1370 and lo and behold....... I lost a lb. this week! I really was surprised even though others said it worked. Yay! Just wanted to share my experience.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone! Healthy eating! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!