Who is sick of ARM FLABB/SKIN

Options
Well i started to lift weights ( 8lbs ) and doing all types of arm excercises inluding planking and push ups ( beginner ones )
and its been almost a month and i see a difference!! MORE DAMN FLABB!! AND EXTRA SKIN! so are you guys telling me that as i work out and toning im makin my arms smaller and my flab bigger??

Please help and leave suggestions...

Ps: i know im going to have some extra skin regardless...but this flabb is too much

8350105.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you figure it out please let me know! I started calling it my "bat wings". Quite depressing really, I won't wear sleeveless shirts because of it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    when the fat leaves it does tighten up but if you already have a lot of stretched skin in that area it wont tighten up back to how it would look if you were always thin. I lost 80 and my arms went down never got it tot he point where i didnt have underarm flapping although it wasnt much.
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    DISCLAIMER: NOT basing this on anything but what I hear others say.....

I look at your age and your skin probably has the best chance to bounce back because you are so young. Keep at it! I bet 6 months will prove to be a different result. :glasses:
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    when the fat leaves it does tighten up but if you already have a lot of stretched skin in that area it wont tighten up back to how it would look if you were always thin. I lost 80 and my arms went down never got it tot he point where i didnt have underarm flapping although it wasnt much.

GIRL!! u never had any flab anyway :) lol and u look great might i add!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Well, I like it. One time, I fell from a 5th story balcony, and rather than plummeting to the ground, I gracefully glided to earth like a gently falling leaf. It saved my life.
  • ThaCookieMonster
    Options
    DISCLAIMER: NOT basing this on anything but what I hear others say.....

I look at your age and your skin probably has the best chance to bounce back because you are so young. Keep at it! I bet 6 months will prove to be a different result. :glasses:

I really hopse so because i do not want surgery
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Well, I like it. One time, I fell from a 5th story balcony, and rather than plummeting to the ground, I gracefully glided to earth like a gently falling leaf. It saved my life.

You're like one of those flying squirrels aren't you?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Me too!!

I do lots of arms exercises (back and chest too), with and without weights. I only had 15 lbs to loose and I lost almost 2 inches from each arm; I am in maintenance and still my arms don't look good and/or toned. I am also doing 30DS (level 2 now), but nothing makes a difference.

I don't wear T shirts, or sleeveless shirts or dresses either, except in the house. Very frustrating. I thought that it was age by it seems that it also happens to the younger generation, so I lost hope of having toned arms, EVER. I know that I have muscles but they must be very shy because they are always hidden.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

You're like one of those flying squirrels aren't you?

Kind of, only I am not a squirrel. So...not really.
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I've been going to the gym for 20 months now and same here. It seems like the more fat I lose the flabbier my arms are but my trainer friends assure eventually some will tighten. I hate to do push ups because I see all the demples that were not there when my arms were plump, even if was full of fat so I'm just going to keep on becuase I do want to be healthy and eventually skinny or atleast in a normal weight range. Good Luck and just don't give up, weights can't hurt. I did have a trainer telling me a 2 or 3 pound weight could do more good than a 5 or 8 if used correctly and pushed further out instead of more up over head, like wide open flies. Keep us posted and congrats on weight lost!!
  • ThaCookieMonster
    Options
    O man!! Well.. Thanks for all the information, hopefully they will just bounce back lol :)
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is my most disliked part of my body....so I can relate...keep up the great work and keep us posted on how it going with the arm excercises.....