17 Day Diet

Have anyone tried the 17 Day diet?? If so how good did it work for you??

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    It has the word diet in the name, and the "17 day" thing implies something temporary, so it pretty much fails my litmus test
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    umm. i did MFP for 17 days and lost 7 pounds. trryyy it. it works
  • NurseU2BeFit
    NurseU2BeFit Posts: 14 Member
    I have been on the 17 day diet since June 1. I am currently on round 2, cycle 1, Day11 and have lost 15lbs. I am very happy with this diet. It's easy to follow and I have been pleased with the results. So far it's working!!!!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    No - I have spent too much money through the years on stuff like it. I am doing MFP now - my pace, my way, with great support from friends. I have found that works best for me. Good luck if you do try the diet though.
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    I have been on the 17 day diet since June 1. I am currently on round 2, cycle 1, Day10

Doesn't that make it a lifestyle and not a 17 day diet?

I'm with the others. MFP is a lifestyle change, and I've lost 29 pounds in 60 days doing exactly as this site instructed. Not a fad, just better food choices/habits, and fitness.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    I started my weight loss journey to a healthier me back in mid-March, and I started with the 17 Day Diet. I bought a treadmill, and I needed something to help jump start me into eating more healthy. I did cycle one and cycle 2. I did follow cycle one pretty much to a tee, but I didn't follow cycle 2 exactly. I lost 15lbs in 4 weeks, but..... I was pretty sedentary and 80lbs overweight when I started, so... I think no matter what I did I would have lost 10-15lbs anyway.

However.... what I did notice after the first 17 days is that I did not crave any sweets, salty or carbs like I used to. Cutting a lot of that out for 2 weeks is just what I needed. I have not followed the diet since then.... although it is pretty standard stuff.... eating healthy protein, fruits, veggies, etc. I have been following MFP and exercising, and I have averaged a 2lb / week weight loss since.

You can try it to jump start you, but... again... if you really want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    I've never done it, but a co-worker did and she's so tiny now! She's been doing it for awhile though and I think she's using it like a lifestyle change.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    :smile: Nope, I just count my calories on here and exercise 5 days a week. I don't like the word diet. I found it is much easier to eat around my husband when I don't call it a diet too. I'm still losing weight and that's all that matters to me!!!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    If you need a jumpstart on a lifestyle change, it may be a good one. Pretty good info in the book and it isn't a technical read.
  • Ok thanks for the feedback everyone!!! I been undecided about it.