30 Day Shred & C25K at same time?

Options
Just wondering if there is anyone out there doing these 2 workouts at the same time or that has done them?

I am wondering if I will see results if I do not do the 30 Day Shred everyday? I am looking to complete 10 days of each level currently one level 1 day 4 and am up to a full 30 minute jog on the Couch to 5K ~ week 8 day 1. I plan on at least 5x a week for 30DS and 3/4x a week run. Also swim 2x a week now that the weather is nice.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. I need to see results in order to stay motivated. Consistent exercise is not a habit for me yet so I am hoping this helps me make it :)

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I've juggled a P90X/Insanity hybrid, while still ALSO running about 3 to 4 days a week. I am sure you can do both of your workouts, especially because the C25K is only 3 days a week. You could have a rest day whenever you need one, otherwise you can do the shred every day, each level for 10 days. Just go with how you feel.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've always done running with 30DS. Right now I'm working on training for a half marathon, but strength training is still very important, and there's a lot of it in 30DS (although I only do 30DS like 3x/week). I say go for it!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 days straight of the 30 day Shred a few weeks ago. All the while training for a 7 mile race that I have this Saturday. So yes - you CAN do both! Good luck!
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am going to be doing both starting next week. I'm hoping i won't die! If you need a rest day, take a rest day. There is no law saying that you HAVE to do 30 day shred in 30 days. Listen to your body and if it needs rest, then do it.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think you can do both at the same time.

The wife and I do 30DS together every morning. And then she uses the elliptical 30 minutes or walks in the evening, while I run 3+ miles each evening. We are nearly complete with the 30DS dvd and have consistently done it 5 days a week for the last 6 weeks to get us to 30 days of the shred. So, yes, I think you can do both the C25K program and 30DS. It may be more difficult or too difficult to do them back to back but if you spread them out during the day you should be successful.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did both a couple of months ago and I definitely saw results! I didn't do 30DS every day, I did it about 5 or 6 times a week. I was running only 3 or 4 times per week and I did go back to week 3 trying to increase speed. I really loved how quickly I made progress on my fitness. I think I lost a total of 10 inches (4 on my waist!) in the 30 days. I am going to do another round of 30DS within the next couple of weeks...I am traveling too much to commit to it right now. I think you will be happy with what you see and feel.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the C25K and the 30DS together too. I run 3-4 days per week (I'm up to 5k two or three times per week and a longer run on the weekend). I haven't been doing the 30DS every day, though you could, as on quite a few days I run early in the morning and do the 30DS when I get home from work.

I make sure I have at least 1 or 2 rest days a week where I don't do either running or 30DS (but I may bike, swim or walk).

So if you want to do both, go for it! You'll see results... doing both changed up my routine a lot and broke me out of a 2.5 month plateau, and now I've lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks!

You may find that some of Jillian's sayings stick in your head when you run, getting you through some tough parts :smile:
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice. I am going to stick with it and see what happens. Here's to seeing results and making a lifestyle change. You are all such an inspiration to me ~ thank you again!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30 DS for a couple weeks. I am on Day 17 Level 2. Its a killer workout but I only burn a couple hundred calories, so I wanted to add more cardio. I started C25K today, so I am going to try to do both and see if that helps. I am going to do C25K three times a week and keep doing 30 DS 6 days a week. I hope I see great results.