black beans and

Options
michis05
michis05 Posts: 99 Member
i am clueless as to what i can do with there... i pulled a chicken breast out the freezer..i have broccoli..and i dont know what to do..may sound simple..but i am not the cook of the house...so im finding it very hard to think of something....

Replies

• WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Grill the chicken. Season it with whatever seasons you prefer, garnish it with some lemon or lime. Steam the broccoli, serve it with some black beans maybe over a small bed of rice if you have it. If not, just have the grilled chicken, black beans and broccoli. Sounds super good!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Grilled up the chicken, fix some brown rice, and throw it all together with the black beans. Top it with some salsa or pico de gallo. Or guacamole!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    black beans and brown rice. Mix togther, add one tbsp lime juice, cilantro and some chili powder. Cut up the chicken, shred on top of beans and rice. Chop up a tomato and put a dab of lite sour cream or plain greek yogurt on top. YUMMO!
  • amcgowan10
    amcgowan10 Posts: 17
    Options
    Just remember to rinse them!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    My sister in law uses black beans in pasta salad- its super tasty.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    these all sound so good! wanted to add that Cumin (ground) is a yummy spice with black bean, chopped tomotes and corn....mix like a salsa and put over the rice :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would grill the chicken with spices like garlic, onion powder, etc. and if you have salsa I would put the black beans on your plate and then the cooked chicken on top with some salsa (or picante, hot sauce, whatever you like). I would chop the broccoli up and put my favorite dressing on it and eat it like a salad. Good Luck - please make sure your chicken is cooked through - all white with no pink!!
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Options
    1 lb chicken breast strips for stir-fry
    1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
    1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
    1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
    1/4 cup water
    Tortillas, if desired

1. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
    2. Stir in seasoning mix, beans, corn and water. Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with tortillas.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Get some corn tortillas and make chicken and black bean tacos!
  • tarakc20
    tarakc20 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love black beans with grilled chicken and avocadoes in a wrap or a quesadilla with just a little bit of cheese! Yummmmm :)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/291831-chicken-with-black-bean-sauce

I found this under the recipe topic last week, I'm gonna try it tomorrow because it sounds delish. I've been trying to cook more with black beans too :)
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Black beans are my absolute favorite bean!

You can eat them with just the chicken and broccoli.

You can pair it with rice (white or yellow: with yellow is my fav). haven't had it with brown so not sure.

its delish in a salad to give the salad a different texture and taste.

This is random: You can also make hummus for a nice healthy dip for veggies.

That's all I can think of for now.

**Edit** I agree with the other post about adding it to quesadillas or taco, or a taco salad without the shell.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump! You're all making me hungry=)
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    When grilling any time of meat, I season with Adobo! It's delicious!!! I also LOVE black beans with brown rice! I eat it alot!!
  • michis05
    Options
    man!! yall make it sound so easy!!!! i will def try these!!! i was gonna go for the easy route..tacos..and call it a day..but i gotta try something different..thanks yall!! cant wait for dinner time!!!!!!!!
  • michis05
    Options
    Bump! You're all making me hungry=)

I am starving now!!!!!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna throw this one out here. It's more of a lunch dish but it can work for dinner too.

Grill the chicken, seasoned with cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
    let it cool and dice it up - about 1/2" pieces.

rinse the black beans and drain well.

In a bowl combine beans with corn (fresh roasted is the best but canned works - again, rinse it), your favorite salsa - just a little and fresh cilantro. Add just a touch of sour cream (low fat), the chicken and mix together. You don't want this mixture to be too wet though so add less salsa and sour cream than you think you need. You can always add more.

This is a tasty Southwestern influenced chicken salad that is awesome for a sandwich or on top of mixed green salad.

Enjoy.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am not going to lie 1/4 cup of black beans - I put 1 tbsp of unsweetened coco powder, and 1 tbsp of splenda mix together and microwave for 45 seconds and eat for a treat :-)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    BBQ chicken flat bread pizzas -

I buy NAAN indian bread for the crust

Add bbq sauce (2tbs), pulled chicken, black beans, fresh corn, onion, jalepenos, and then 1 ounce of grated cheese. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. NOM!!!

this is one of my favorite go-to meals. Depending on the ingredients, about 5-600 calories for the WHOLE PIZZA!!!!!