Good Treadmill workout

Options
I found this great interval treadmill workout and I love it! I thought I'd share it....

Start at a speed of 4 for 5 minutes to get your heart pumping
Set the incline at 10, keep the speed of 4 for 2 minutes
Bring the incline down to 0, walk at 4 for one minute
Set the speed at 6.5 and run for 1-2 minutes
Bring speed back down to 4 for 1 minute
Bring the speed down to 2 and SIDE step, 1 minute to the right, then turn and do one minute to the left.

Repeat FOUR times!

It really targets your whole body. I'm exhausted afterward, but interval training is always great!

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I found this great interval treadmill workout and I love it! I thought I'd share it....

Start at a speed of 4 for 5 minutes to get your heart pumping
    Set the incline at 10, keep the speed of 4 for 2 minutes
    Bring the incline down to 0, walk at 4 for one minute
    Set the speed at 6.5 and run for 1-2 minutes
    Bring speed back down to 4 for 1 minute
    Bring the speed down to 2 and SIDE step, 1 minute to the right, then turn and do one minute to the left.

Repeat FOUR times!

It really targets your whole body. I'm exhausted afterward, but interval training is always great!
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try this tonight when I hit the gym!
  • roshong06
    Options
    Ahhhh...thank you so much...I bought a treadmil a few months ago because it was the only thing I could fit into my house, and it is the only thing I can think of doing while dinner is cooking and I can delagate things to my kids while working out, but the whole walking and running thing just gets so boring, and I don't feel like I am getting a good workout any more...I guess my body as gotten used to it. Thank you for this idea, I will try it, it sounds like just what I need to make my work out a little interesting!
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!- I wrote it down and trying it tonight!

THANKS!

91914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Had to come back to tell you "THANK YOU"- I tried this last night and my body is really feeling it today!!