I'm a big nerd, and made a graph.

Options
2»

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothing wrong with bein' a nerd. I've made charts and graphs for my own personal amusement before.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    That's a great graph! I wish I had that kind of patience. :laugh: If I could just stay focu
    ooooh, shiny.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have weights graphed all the way back to 7/1/10 but not calories. I haven't been consistent on counting. It would be a cooler graph if I could document my entire weight loss journey...
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Apparently everyone wants to be nerdy! I've gotten some requests of the spreadsheet. So if anyone else wants it, PM me your address. I'll send it, and hopefully some instructions. Minimal excel skills are required... :tongue:
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    As an accountant, one of the most frustrating things about losing weight is that, in the end, it's a mathmatical equation. Right? It's just that darn variable - metabolism - that is challenging to forecast/predict. Love that there are other "nerds" out there who think like me and use excel with their own journey!
    Yep, another accountant here. I love my excel and I have my spreadsheet too with 4 tabs. What I hate about MFP is when you update your calories today fo ryour new weight it goes back to the past and changes what your goal was. That is why I need the spreadsheet. Plus I calculate my average calories per day for the last weeks to figure my average daily burned calories. (I add back the calorie deficit based on my actual weight lost.) We need a dork group I think.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I love it - I am an excel geek too!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Do you have SPSS? It is really hard to tell correlation without it. If you send me the spreadsheet I could actually do the correlational analysis...I may of just out-nerded you. Message me if you want I will give you my e-mail.
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hey, another nerd (CPA) here. But I just work with MFP and don't chart it on Excel, but maybe I should start since my weight reduction from six months ago to now has resulted in an IMMATERIAL DIFFERENCE!!!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennehughes
    Options
    this is awesomely nerdy :D
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Do you have SPSS? It is really hard to tell correlation without it. If you send me the spreadsheet I could actually do the correlational analysis...I may of just out-nerded you. Message me if you want I will give you my e-mail.

I think you did! Good job. I'm good with what I have but thanks!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome - and it makes me want to chart my calories even more closely now. I'd love to see my own graph over the next 12 months!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    What I hate about MFP is when you update your calories today fo ryour new weight it goes back to the past and changes what your goal was.

That's what I've always disliked as well!
  • tails86
    tails86 Posts: 17
    Options
    Girls who make weight loss graphs are HAWT.

Yeah! Totally agree :tongue: