#30 day shred how heavy are your weights?

Options
Mine are 8 pounds each just wondering what other use!

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    8 pounds?! (Holy crap!)

I use 3 pounders and feel like death on the side lunges. lmao
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    3 pounds, 8 would kill me. I would do 5 max.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use 3 or 5s.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    About two pounds each, but I think some of the exercises (e.g. chest fly) could go heavier.
  • ang364
    ang364 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5 pounders and I have a little bit of trouble with the chair squats/arm raises (level 2). The side lunges on level 1 were killer too.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!! You are a BEAST!! I use 5's!
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    I use 3's because it's a situation where it's high-rep and supposedly you're doing it everyday (I don't - just when I can't get to the gym). In a normal free-weight situation I, I use 10's.
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did my first 30DS L1D1 today and used 5 lbs... simply because we don't have anything larger or smaller. I'm glad ... my arms hurt like a ****!

Question, would it be bad to do 30DS twice in one day?
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Mine are 8 pounds each just wondering what other use!

same
    but i don't do it every day. i do a double dose of level 2 when i feel like i didn't get in a good workout.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    on some exercises i use 5 lbs and on some others i use 8 lbs. I did level 2 and 3 using 8 lbs on monday and im still SORE today!! all my midsection and lower abs, my backside, legs, and arms...even my butt muscles are all sore!!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    1.5 kg (3.3 lbs). For some stuff they seem kind of light, but by the end I am definitely feeling it (I'm on day 2 of level 2). This is my first go at 30 DS, but thinking I *may* go to 5 lb. the next time around.

8 lbs??? :noway: You are bad-a** ! :flowerforyou:
  • mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    Right now I'm using 2 lb weights as I'm just starting out. I could use some heavier ones on some of the exercises. I'm only on Level 1. We'll see how I feel when I hit Level 2.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Holy moley! I started with 2 pounders. I now use 3 pounds. Started level 2 2 days ago.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I use 3s for shoulder exercises and either 5s or 8s for everything else.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    8 pounds?! (Holy crap!)

Exactly! LOL I am using 2 pounds and feel they are a little light for some of the exercises. I'm only on level 1, and my hubby and I do it almost every day. I only skip when I'm taking yoga classes in the evening, instead. I may go up to 3 pounds for the next level.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Don't laugh, but we don't own weights so my husband and I use a couple of Harry Potter books each. Specifically books 4-7 as they're the heaviest.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I am on day 8 of L1 and I use 3.3lbs. I agree with some that the chest flies I could go up to my 6lbs but all of the other exercises even 3.3 kills me. lol I am so scared to start L2.

Side note- Quick question for everyone doing this... I was steadily loosing weight prior to starting 30DS and now the scale isn't budging. I was really consistent in my weight loss before and I know I am toning my muscles but since I failed to take measurements prior to starting, it seems like I am idling. lol Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Don't laugh, but we don't own weights so my husband and I use a couple of Harry Potter books each. Specifically books 4-7 as they're the heaviest.

LMAO!!! I love it. Some people use large cans of soup too. That is great, love it!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I used 5lb weights. what day and level are you on?
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    your body is tightening up. Dont worry about the scale, you will tone up and lose inches! I love the 30 day shred, it really targets body all over especially in the midsection!