I got discouraged and gave up....

Options
Okay...I'm not proud of it, but after 2 months of faithfully staying on a strict diet and working out ever other day...I only lost 2 lbs! I got soooo discouraged and I gave up, that was about 3 weeks ago, since I have gained 4 lbs. My daily schedual is just so hectic and I used that as an excuse everyday.

I'm back!!! I will make this happen for me. I have struggled with my weight ever since my first child was born 8 years ago. This site gave me all the support I could ever ask for, and I know I will get that same support again this time around. I'm back to logging everything that touches my mouth, and really getting into a good hard workout routine.

Any idea from those hard working moms that are really busy out there will be helpful...I really appreciate everyone on this site...Thank you.

Replies

• roshong06
    Options
    Okay...I'm not proud of it, but after 2 months of faithfully staying on a strict diet and working out ever other day...I only lost 2 lbs! I got soooo discouraged and I gave up, that was about 3 weeks ago, since I have gained 4 lbs. My daily schedual is just so hectic and I used that as an excuse everyday.

I'm back!!! I will make this happen for me. I have struggled with my weight ever since my first child was born 8 years ago. This site gave me all the support I could ever ask for, and I know I will get that same support again this time around. I'm back to logging everything that touches my mouth, and really getting into a good hard workout routine.

Any idea from those hard working moms that are really busy out there will be helpful...I really appreciate everyone on this site...Thank you.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing and I am back also. My thought now is stick with it cause look, i ended up back here having to start with trying to lose the lbs i gained back :sad: however t he blessing is there. MFP is still here my support system is still in place and i can do this. i wish u great success, one day at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Hey, I gave up too, not so long ago, but came back after gaining back 2 of the 10 lbs I lost. The thing I've found helpful for me this time around is finding an exercise routine that I love. I picked up Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred and I love it and can't wait to do it every night. So, if I can't get to the gym, I always have that to rely on. Plus, it helps now that I know I can eat my exercise calories too! I feel I get to eat as much as I want, so long as I put in the time with exercise.

Best of luck to you!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Stick to it! :flowerforyou: You'll get there. The weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off that way either. It takes time, patience, willpower, endurance, and the desire to live healthier. You'll get there :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself one pity-party day, but just keep at it. It WILL happen! :flowerforyou:
  • iowaboy
    Options
    Try the book "You on a Diet".....it has lots of great info about why we do and don't lose weight and an easy to follow plan to get rid of that unwanted weight. Good luck and be strong.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I also gave up back in july when I had to stop the gym. I was happy thought cause i was under 200pounds. Well now Im stuck in the 190's I cant see 189 to save my life. Well Im back on track and I GOTTA DO THIS! WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER! I DO 350+jump and jacks and crunches, some wall pushups, walk/run when its not too cold outside and thats it. I just drink water, I eat as healthy as I can. My main problem is late night snacking and CHIPS! lol BUT WE CAN THIS! DONT GIVE UP!
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! Celebrate every pound, even every ounce. Even ifit doesn't show on the scale think of how much healthier you are just by all the working out. Maybe you were putting on more muscle than the fat you were losing. Don't just weigh in, make sure you are tracking your inches as well.

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Remember slow and steady wins the race:flowerforyou:

BTW- You avatar is funny:laugh:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I think part of the problem might have been in your first sentence......."after 2 months of faithfully staying on a strict diet". This is really a lifelong journey and by eliminating everything we love from our diets usually only sets us up to fail. Jump back in and remember that it's okay to eat the foods you love, just watch the portion size. :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think part of the problem might have been in your first sentence......."after 2 months of faithfully staying on a strict diet". This is really a lifelong journey and by eliminating everything we love from our diets usually only sets us up to fail. Jump back in and remember that it's okay to eat the foods you love, just watch the portion size. :flowerforyou:

Very good point:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart: