Tattoos

Options
13»

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The one on my wrist didn't hurt NEARLY as bad as I thought. The one on the back of my neck hurt like a mother though.

They never hurt as bad as you think they will.

Edit: The one on the back of my neck was done by an apprentice, so I think that added to the pain factor.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I have 4 Tattoo's the first I had done was on my lower back and pain on that was 3/10 2nd is on my foot pain on that was about 5/10 but I had to have it redone as it faded and the pain on the touch up was 15/10. I have one on the inside of my arm it is a pheonix as below pain 2/10
    RwslX.jpg
    and my back peice which is a work in progress below pain 4-7/10
    OuzkR.jpg

Nice pics.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I have six (left wrist, left ankle, right foot/ankle, right calf, right breast, right thigh) and the one that hurt the worst was actually my thigh. I must have a high pain tolerance, though, because my friend got her foot and wrist done and you would have thought that someone was stabbing her with burning hot needles, but I didn't think those locations were painful at all.

Anyway, my two rewards for weight loss are big tattoos . . . a left leg piece and a back piece. Both will be very big and very expensive, but I think losing 100 pounds deserves something big and expensive, right?!?! LOL. Anyway, I'm worried about the back piece because everyone says the spine hurts. Not too worried about the leg piece but I hate that I'm going to have to have them done in multiple sessions!
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I think mine will be a 15 hour job.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I have six (left wrist, left ankle, right foot/ankle, right calf, right breast, right thigh) and the one that hurt the worst was actually my thigh. I must have a high pain tolerance, though, because my friend got her foot and wrist done and you would have thought that someone was stabbing her with burning hot needles, but I didn't think those locations were painful at all.

Anyway, my two rewards for weight loss are big tattoos . . . a left leg piece and a back piece. Both will be very big and very expensive, but I think losing 100 pounds deserves something big and expensive, right?!?! LOL. Anyway, I'm worried about the back piece because everyone says the spine hurts. Not too worried about the leg piece but I hate that I'm going to have to have them done in multiple sessions!

tHATS MY LOGIC.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I know there are more of you.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I slept through my back tattoos. I've got a celtic knot and then representational vertibrae all the way down my spine no pain killers, no alcohol, no numbing cream... Just the vibrations felt really good. I normally pay around $120/hr for my tattoos and I have 13 in total.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few more planned for my back. Too but that will have to wait for the money oh and you know, not being pregnant helps too lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Okay I think tats are kinda sexy on females, BUT don't be a 50+ year old female, get a "tramp stamp" then display it at the gym.:frown:
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Does anyone watch ny Ink? It looks completely scripted.
  • msbeavert
    msbeavert Posts: 75
    Options
    I have about 32 hours worth of ink work right now. One on my ankle, two on my back, on the back of my neck and working on a full sleeve on my left arm. Worst one pain wise - inside part of my elbow, or as my tattoo guy calls it, the ditch. I wanted to cry it was so bad and that's saying something since I sat for 10 hours straight to do the outline on my arm. Worst for healing was the one on the back of my neck, it took forever to heal! I think it had alot to do with my having long hair and even though I kept it up it still didn't breathe right. Ankle was painful near the bones, but wasn't too bad. Back ones were a breeze, good thing since I plan on doing a backpiece once the sleeve is done. :)
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Okay I think tats are kinda sexy on females, BUT don't be a 50+ year old female, get a "tramp stamp" then display it at the gym.:frown:

:noway:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    WTF?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I got a bunch of 'em. I'm 51, I got my first at age 18, and have gotten them since - I'm not done yet. As for the pain, under the arm, extending into your armpit sucks, also top of your foot! Pain is relative for everybody.

I don't watch any of the tattoo shows on TV - all sorta bu_l s_it...

Good luck with your tatt. And you don't need painkillers...
  • Charlie003
    Options
    No pain killers. We must suffer for our wants or we take them for granted. It is going to be awesome.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    this is my favorite on out of my 8 I have .I liked the first one so much I got the same one on my other shoulder blade done

o8ylg3.jpg
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I have one on my shoulder of a Crow. Can see part of it in my profile pic.

I had it done at Ink Lab in Minneapolis about 10 years ago.

It didn't hurt as much as some wusses made it sound. It was more annoying that painful. The artist was very professional and used all knew materials so no worry about infection. I think they had an autoclave for sterilizing things as well. They drew up the design and had it on my shoulder in a couple hours. I'd get more if the wife would allow and if I could think of something else I wanted to get.