Former WW turned to MFP! Here to reach my goal!

Options
My weight loss journey began seriously back in January 2010.......7 months before my wedding.

I joined Weight Watchers online and with diet and exercise I lost 50 lbs. Nothing motivates you more than a wedding, and losing the weight was the easy part..... After the wedding, well I focused on just maintaining, (even though my ultimate goal was to lose 100 lbs) Well with life, and a new puppy, the weight just came crawling back on. After I lost the 50 lbs, I donated all my "fat" clothes and earlier this year, after gaining 30 lbs back...my clothes were tight again, and there was no way I was going to go and buy a bigger size again!!

So here I am! I have almost lost the 30 lbs I gained and will be back to my "wedding weight" in the next couple weeks. The next step is to continue and lose the remaining 50 lbs! Once I have reached my goal, I want to maintain for 1 year, and then try for babies :) *as I want to be in the best shape of my adult life before trying to concieve **

I have been on MFP for a couple months now.....and I enjoy reading the message boards and hearing about other's struggles and successes! I am welcome to meeting new friends on here, and supporting eachother through our weight loss journey's!

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I enjoy hearing the stories too. MFP is great.! With the support of everyone here and the tools to track food and exercise, losing and then maintaining weight is not so difficult!!

Congratulations on losing the 30 lbs. You will lose the rest too!:bigsmile:
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299772-team-challenge-beginning-august-1st-open-to-all

Welcome and come join us. We'll help you get there I promise!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm a WW convert too, I love it here! It took a while to get back in to logging food and sticking within my calories (you get inventive to make your meals look bigger on little cals!), but I'm now 18lbs down, got a long way to do, but I figure if I do it slowly then it WILL stay off as I'll have changed my lifestyle, not just changed what I'm eating for a few months!

Feel free to add me :)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Congratulations on your wedding - what a wonderful time!!!
    Welcome and I wish you the absolute best of luck (like you need it hah!) in your goals - I'm sure you'll be fantastic at it
  • bbrwneyes
    bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a WW's convert as well and I love MFP! Great people who are awesome motivators in helping you reach your goals. Best wishes on your weight loss journey!