HELP, I Need Seafood Recipes!

Options
harley0269
harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
I have a big bag of shrimp, king crab legs & a lobster tail in my freezer, i need to use up.
What are some good recipes that are low calorie, low sodium???
Its just me, so im not cooking for an army.
Please help.

Replies

• dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I served this shrimp scampi with spaghetti squash and it was delish!!

http://recipes.menshealth.com/Recipe/two-minute-shrimp-scampi.aspx
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    you can make a chioppino with some low sodium broth... and lots of garlic... sounds delish.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If you like the ingredients this will knock the socks right off your feet! You can add the lobster and crab to it too.

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
    2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
    2 (14.5-ounce) cans of no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with their juices
    1/4 cup finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
    1 tablespoon finely minced fresh dill
    1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken.

Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and cheese melts, about 12 minutes.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    throw those crab legs in a pot of boiling water, melt a couple TBS of butter, squeeze a little lemon in it and CALL ME! I'll be right over =P
    crab legs are my #1 fave and LOW cal - crab legs, some corn on the cob & a salad - fantastic!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You can buy some low salt diced tomatoes with chiles, sautee the shrimp in some cooking spray or olive oil. Once the shrimp are cooked through, add the diced tomatoes and then top with some feta cheese.
  • Qhoney24
    Qhoney24 Posts: 31
    Options
    I LIKE SAUTED SHRIMP W/T RED,YELLOW, GREEN PEPPERS, GINGER ROOT, GARLIC, ONIONS, CURRY AND ADD EITHER COUSCOUS OR BROWN ETC
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. im going to have to try those :drinker:
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you like the ingredients this will knock the socks right off your feet! You can add the lobster and crab to it too.

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Directions

Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken.

Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and cheese melts, about 12 minutes.

sounds great!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Directions

sounds great!

it's funny after I posted this recipe yesterday I went to the store and picked up the ingredients, making it for dinner tonight haha YUM
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    shrimp tacos
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Fresh cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice (1/2 to 1 lime) 1/2 avocado, emeril's Cajun seasoning and if desired lettuce leaves or wheat tortilla shells to wrap.

Sautee the thawed shrimp in the cajun spice with a little cooking spray or evoo, or even coconut oil, stir together with the avocado, lime and cilantro, makes an amazing cajun wrap. I haven't put it in the recipe builder yet though.