Waiting For Basic TRaining

I am Eighteen and i am scheduled to go to Air Force BMT in december and i am trying to lose some weight and get in shape before i leave.
if anyone can lend some support or suggestions, please contact me. i am in serious need a friend to help me on my journey:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    i'd love to be your friend, my ultimate goal is to make weight to join the army reserves
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Beachbody workouts are amazing! You get so strong really fast. I love them. My cousin said Insanity is a killer like basic training. So I'd say mabye Insanity or P90X.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    I am Eighteen and i am scheduled to go to Air Force BMT in december and i am trying to lose some weight and get in shape before i leave.
    if anyone can lend some support or suggestions, please contact me. i am in serious need a friend to help me on my journey:flowerforyou:

I did Army BT. Not sure how that compares to AF, but the physical requirements (as far as weight/BMI) were a little more difficult for Army.

Things you might want to start doing:
    Running (You needed a 10-minute mile to be able to go into Army BT)
    Push Ups (You needed to be able to 3 in full plank to be able to go into Army BT)
    Sit Ups (I think it was 20 Sit Ups in 1 minute for Army BT)

If I had known then what I know now, I would've done the following:
    Progressed up to running a 5K, so my endurance hadn't SUCKED (I literally threw up after the running PT to qualify for BT)
    Worked on upper body strength (I could do 3 push ups, but first day of BT had me doing WAY more than that!)
    Gotten used to sleeping less than 6 hours per night and functioning on around 4 quality hours.

I'm not saying you should purposefully deprive yourself on sleep before you go to BMT, but the others will definitely be helpful! The day I left for BT, I was smoking a pack and a half a day, eating like crap, and had never run a day in my life. Boy did I get an eye opener that night! (We arrived at like 2 am and had to be up at 6 am in receiving. It was quite a shock for someone who worked 2nd shift and slept until 1 or 2 in the afternoon every other day of her adult life! LOL)