MFP Runner Club 11/12

Options
Nobody running today?? Not even me - legs and upper body workout this morning.
have a good one!

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Nobody running today?? Not even me - legs and upper body workout this morning.
    have a good one!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It snowed last night, so I'm kind of excited about running, snow is much better than sleet and doesn't hurt your face :wink: I think I will shoot for at least 3 again, maybe more...
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    5 miles down this morning. Thats 15 for the week so far, hopefully fitting 15 more in this week...

Alisha
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ran 7 this morning. I was having one of those "hate" days in my love/hate relationship with this running thing. Tomorrow's another day, right? :tongue:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    It snowed last night, so I'm kind of excited about running, snow is much better than sleet and doesn't hurt your face :wink: I think I will shoot for at least 3 again, maybe more...

How do you run in the winter? Here in my small town the roads almost all turn into ice in the winter... Can I still run on it?
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Well if I'm running somewhere snow-packed or icy, I use my yak-trax, they were like $35, they are a coil thing that you just strap on your shoe, most running stores have them, avoid the spike kind though, they can hurt you and others and get dull.
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Yay! I ran 6 miles today! It felt super good!:bigsmile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I only ran 4 today. I ended up doing more cardio, the stair master thing that is like an escalator (hate it!) and then some strength. I was feeling kind of dizzy and sick to my stomach. I guess tomorrow is another day!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    4 mile run on the TM, then 600 yd swim this morning.

Tonight I did a shoulder workout w/ my dh. :wink:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Oops- must have hit post twice! :blushing:
  • juanitagf
    Options
    8.63 miles this afternoon in horizontal rain. It was 65 though so nice so not too cold. Not like some of you do. I got a Garmin Forerunner 305. It runs off GPS to track miles, pace and more. It also has a HR monitor. I am interested to test it in my 10k on Saturday and see how it tracks on a measured course. Today it seemed to be right in there on both distance and pace. I averaged 10:22/mile.
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Run the tangents!!! That's what my coach always tells us before a race, and believe me, if your race is 26.2 miles long, you really ought to do that. You can end up running almost an extra 1/2 mile if you don't, and after than many hours running you don't want to run even a foot more than you have to!:laugh: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Tangents? What are tangents? Ran 800 repeats last night. Have a long run (7miles) planned for Saturday then my first 10K on the 22nd!
    Bunny
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Shortest distance from one point to another, don't follow the curvy roads, cut a straight line, don't weave in and out of people, believe me, it wastes a lot of energy!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh! Thanks! :smile: