May be a dumb question but if you are losing

Options
May be a dumb ? But I have been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds since May (well mid may) And I have only lost .2 really since May 21st. But my clothes keep getting looser and my waist went from 39 to 36 since May 21st and lost an inch off my hips and thighs. So is this a plateau or not? Or is my body readjusting. I have been doing more weights and resistance training

Replies

• Ginial1479
    Ginial1479 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Muscle mass is heavier then fat... So it's normal... You are building more muscle (heavier) and shedding more fat (getting smaller)!
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on losing 95 pounds! That is fantastic that you are lost 3 inches off of your waist! That is the most important thing health wise. Keep up with the weight training. Doesn't matter what you call it, you are doing something right! Keep it up and you are getting healthier every day!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I seem to go back & forth...I'll lose weight and then I'll stop losing, but will lose inches. I have to believe that our body is adjusting (as you called it) to the cardio & strength training. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll start losing the weight again. More muscle will help speed up your metabolism and help burn the fat. BUT, remember a pound of muscle is the SAME as a pound of fat, so there's no difference in weight there.

Good luck as you continue your journey.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    1lb of muscle = 1lb of fat. However, muscle is more dense. I wouldn't call that plataeu at all, you're losing fat, gaining muscle and toningup! :)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    think of it this way...

When a gorgeous person walks down the street do you ever look at them and say "Hey! that is a smokin hot 135 pound woman"

No probably not... But people will look at a gorgeous, fit, healthy person and say something along the lines of "WOW look at how tiny her waist is!"

or "Hey! I want long lean legs like hers"

The scale is just a number and in my opinion a poor way of measuring success! Stick with what you are doing, you are most certainly not Plateauing... your body is getting smaller and that is the ultimate goal right?
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I'm in much the same boat, I think that our muscle production is catching up with our fat loss - which I won't complain at - but it does start to bum me when I don't see the scale move one week...

You are doing great you'll get to your goal - I'm Sure of it
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know muscle and fat weight the same, but muscle is mroe dense. I realized that perhaps this is not a plateau at all but the last week the gain is getting less. I kept going to 204 and staying there for weeks and go to 199. Now I went to 199.7 and only went back up to 202.8. Now back to 201. So the gain is less. I also started eating more a couple of days at 2000 calories or so if I was hungry. before I never ate more than 1700 and I exercise 6 days a week.