exercise videos? What's the best?

Options
I've heard a lot about Jillian Michaels exercise videos, specifically "The 30 day shred", anyone try it and what are your thoughts?

Replies

• Kellyanne822
    Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tried JM 30 Day Shred and it just about killed me, lol. I can only do 2 of the 3 circuits of the beginner workout if I want to be able to walk the next day. I guess that means it works. A lot of people like her and she will whip you into shape. I personally love Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. Those are more my speed and they have helped me lost my 35 pounds. I also like the 10 minute solution DVDs. There are so many different ones and you can create your own workout routine with them. Good luck!
  • cassafrass13
    Options
    I've only tried a couple of Jillian Michael's videos, such as "the last chance workout" she does. Hers are alright, but my favorite is the Chalean Extreme program. It has multiple videos with strength training, abs workouts, and cardio interval workouts. She is super encouraging but the program is no child's play. It's tough yet fun, and I feel like it's very effective. I would definitely recommend it! :)
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I completed it in 32 days due to some unexpected rest days. I believe it is the best one I have done so far. I lost 5lbs and lots of inches and gained muscle...I wish I would of done it and challenged mysekf more for better results but I am please with the results. Its an extreme workout video and you really need to dedicate and be determined to do it!!!!

Feel free to add me if you like..if not I wish you the best luck!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I call this the exercise video bible =)http://www.collagevideo.com/
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I hated JM 30DS. I know people swear by it, but it wasn't for me. Plus I hate buying dvds since I get bored easily. I love the workouts on bodyrock.tv and I also look on youtube. Something new everytime I workout, so I lessen the chance of hitting a plateau.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I prefer the P90X videos I feel like I get a better workout especially with abs.
  • hollybug26
    hollybug26 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have not tried JM work outs but I have done Turbo JAm and just started Turbo Fire. I lost 15 pounds doing Turbo JAm (2month program). I LOVED IT! Chalene Johnson is awesome! I have a friend who has done tons of works out videos and she tried Turbo Fire and she even said it was fun and she is now going to order her own copy.
  • cooncat
    cooncat Posts: 2
    Options
    Leslie Sansone and Ellen Barrett can't be beat. Get several of them (Amazon has some for as little as $5.99) and switch them up throughout the week. These ladies are THE BEST!
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Fast results I would say Insanity's 60 day program it will help you tone up as well its all in how committed you are and what you are looking for let me know if you would like any more info Im always down to talk :)

Ron
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I prefer the P90X videos I feel like I get a better workout especially with abs.

P90X all the way. :)