New to Fitness Pal...Anyone doing Crossfit?

Options
Anyone else tracking Crossfit workouts?

Replies

• jocraw66
    jocraw66 Posts: 52
    Options
    When I do a WOD I wear my heart rate monitor to accurately gauge my calories burned. Actually I wear a HRM for all exercise.

I love crossfit. I lost most of my weight in 19 months (116 lbs) doing crossfit and eating paleo.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I wear my HRM for my entire session at the box. Warm ups, skill, WOD, and cool down. The other night was 97 minutes at 676 calories.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM for my entire session at the box. Warm ups, skill, WOD, and cool down. The other night was 97 minutes at 676 calories.

Exact same with me. Usually my burns are for 55-80 minutes and I get about 450-800 cals burned.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Another CF Junkie! Yay! I wear my HRM (not recently tho, batteries need swapping out. I never got as high as 800 calories, but usually between 400-600 for a 60 minute class.
    we do have a crossfit thread on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241563-community-for-crossfitters-by-crossfitters-anyone-interes come join in on all the fun.
  • krusty21
    krusty21 Posts: 3
    Options
    Whoa! AWESOME! I've been doing crossfit periodically for about a year. Just now deciding to take the plunge full force starting this past Monday. Doing it on my own, though. Any suggestions? Also HRM brands that are best??
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I wear a Polar, but used the Nike Imara too - I'd love a body bugg or go fit wear, but it's not supported in my part of Canada.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I use a polar FT4 that has a chest strap. I love it. Hate when I forget it for the regular gym.
  • WarriorJayne
    Options
    Hey! I wear a PolarFT7 (and it sucks when you get so excited and start the wod, and forget to start your HRM).

Welcome to MFP!
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Is there a program that I can do on my off days to help me with push ups/pull ups? I hate doing the modified version, but I'm not strong enough for the regular ones.

Please don't say, "just do push ups at home." I'm looking for an online, Wii, or DVD program that will target the upper body.

Suggestions?

Currently I can do about 10 modified pushups without stopping, and about 20 ring pullups.