uhh is it ok that im burning 2200 calories on my HRM daily

Options
uhh is it ok that im burning 2200 calories on my HRM daily and eating 1200? I just tried my HRM for a full day 7am-9pm. It was a normal day for me (excluding my daily exercise - I didn't do any that day). Is this ok?? I have been losing as usual etc. I eat my exercise calories normally too. So is this ok? What if I didn't ever exercise and thus did not eat extra - would this be ok (I don't plan to, just curious).

Replies

• marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    uhh is it ok that im burning 2200 calories on my HRM daily and eating 1200? I just tried my HRM for a full day 7am-9pm. It was a normal day for me (excluding my daily exercise - I didn't do any that day). Is this ok?? I have been losing as usual etc. I eat my exercise calories normally too. So is this ok? What if I didn't ever exercise and thus did not eat extra - would this be ok (I don't plan to, just curious).
  • redsoxbatgirl
    Options
    Its funny...I have the same question! IF I'm taking two cardio classes a day (which I'm doing 3-4 days a week)....should I really be eating more?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    The answer is yes.
    You are supposed to eat the exercise calories because MFP has already figured a deficiet to lose weight. If you increase that you run the risk of going into starvation mode and being counter productive.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I don't know if your HRM has this function, but mine does...you can set the intensity level of what you're doing, which will change the calories burnt. Mine is set for 10 or something like that because most of my exercise is running, cardio, or strength training intervals. If you have it set for 10 intensity level and all you're doing is sitting around, that's not accurate. If you're actively running around and really burning that much and you're heart rate is up and down all day, you probably do need to eat more calories. If unsure, check with a professional.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    hiccup
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You should be eating those exercise calories.
    Your body needs the fuel if you are expecting it to work that hard.
  • redsoxbatgirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!