Arthritis/Body Aches

Options
Does it go away with weight loss? Also, do you get body aches from being overweight?

Replies

• ebonyeyes26
    Options
    Does it go away with weight loss? Also, do you get body aches from being overweight?
  • froggirl
    Options
    I'm hurting less now that I've lost a few pounds and look forward to getting more relief as I continue to lose!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh, gosh, yes-- the weight loss, combined with the exercise that MUST accompany your journey will make you feel wayyyyyyy better. Just take it slow.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I can attest to that. I wasn't SUPER overweight -- I had 40 lbs too much, but the wear and tear on my feet, knees, hips, and my shoulder could be felt and often kept me awake. With a memory foam bed topper and daily exercise, I've lost some of that weight, and remarkably, I just don't hurt like I used to.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have had alot of trouble with my knees for the past few years. I do have a bit of arthritis in them, but its the weight that causes the most trauma, or so my orthopedic Dr says. And I do have to say that since losing some weight (although I have a long way to go still) it seems that my knees hurt less and less with each pound dropped. Plus, your body gets stronger as you go along with the exercise. Just DO take it slow, that was really hard for me to grasp as I started almost 8 wks ago. I wanted to jump in there and get the weight OFF:happy: and although you do need to challenge yourself, you also have to listen to your body. Do what you can do and I promise you that you will gradually see an increase in your strength and soon you will be surprising yourself at how much more you can do then when you started!
    Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:

~Roni