Am I the only one....

Options
Am I the only who keeps postponing the exercise?
I prefer doing my workout at the morning so I can be free the rest of the day (right now I'm on vacations yay!). But when the time comes, I put on my workout clothes, prepare everything (put a movie on the DVD, or the right music) and I even strecht out and warm up! and then I say, 'nehhh, I'll do it later'. Argggg!! Can you believe it? Some days I end up working out at 9PM, because I feel bad if I don't do it. I even find excuses like 'it's too cold right now', 'I'll do it when I'm alone and I can turn up the music'.

It's not like I don't like to exercise, I'm doing the 30DS and spinning or elliptical training, and I love the feeling I get while doing it and afterwards. I feel great the rest of the day, my problem is getting started!

Am I the only one?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt you're the only one. Getting started is more than half the battle of any workout.

I always make myself the same promise: I'm going to go at least ten minutes, and then if I'm, still not into it I can can quit. I think in all these years, I've actually quit 2 or 3 times after 10 minutes.

Why ten minutes? Because that's how long it takes me to get all the creakiness out and refocus my head. I start every workout feeling like an 80 yr old, but by ten minutes in I've ironed out the creaks and groans, gotten my mind off my day and broken a sweat. Unless I'm injured or ill or haven't had a rest day in forever, after ten minutes I WANT to keep going.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    No, you're not the only one. I just have to talk myself into it sometimes. When you are all ready to go, and try to talk yourself out of it, tell yourself OUT LOUD that you are worth the time it takes to get your exercise in and how much better you will feel when you're finished. Good luck!
  • slegle
    slegle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No, you're not alone. I have to get up at 5 or 5:30am to exercise or it won't happen with 4 kids and I'll lose all motivation at the end of the day. As much as I HATE getting up early, I've forced (or had my husband) force me to get up and I am always glad I did. If you can get into a routine of starting (even if for a short time each time), it won't take long before the good feeling you get from it makes you want to do it. Start with short goals like just 10 or 15 minutes and then up it as you get used to that. Good luck and give it a try!