Beach day NSV

withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
edited September 30 in Success Stories
So I went to the beach yesterday with my extended family, including a girl who wears size XS. When we were packing up and getting dressed, she noticed her cover-up was all wet, so she borrowed my spare tank dress. It's snug on me, but it still fits me. Naturally, I was expecting it to fall off her.

Guess what! It FIT her. It was loose on her, but fashionably so (in fact, some of her own dresses fit her that way). It was not even remotely close to falling off of her.

Some days I look at the scale, notice the number has gone down, and wonder if I really lost the weight.. or if the scale is broken. Even when I go to the mall and fit in smaller sizes, it doesn't seem like I got smaller... As impossible as it sounds, it looks like the CLOTHS got bigger. But this confirms it. I really am getting smaller!

This is just the motivation I need to do my full workout today, despite being sore from all the beach activities from yesterday :happy:

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    It can take up to 6 months for your mind to see what your eyes notice, or vice verse. In other words, you won't look at you and see the new you for a while. It takes time for the mind to catch up.

But that is awesome! It must feel great to realize that you have accomplished a lot in the health department!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Congrats on your NSV!!!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    That's an awesome NSV. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Great NSV! And good for you to staying motivated to exercise!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Congratulations, what a great NSV that is. I agree with not seeing the difference in myself. But its going on 6 months, so soon I should see the difference. :happy:
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 301
    That's awesome!! :smile:
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    So fantastic! That must feel great!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Congrats that is great!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    :laugh: awesome!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Thank you all!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks the clothes look bigger..My hubby looked at me like I was crazy when i said "look how big this 4 is no wonder i need smaller" lol
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!