Size changes

Options
Hi everyone! :) Just a question.
How much weight did you lose before fitting into smaller shirt and pants sizes? Like if you dropped 50 pounds, how many sizes did you go down?
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Overthegardengate
    Overthegardengate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost some 30 pounds and went down 2 sizes
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    It took me 25 lbs to truly need a new size in clothes, and then it was down from a tight fitting 16 to mostly a 12 and now at 38 lb loss I am just at a size 10.
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    bump
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When I dropped 50lbs, I dropped from an almost into size 20 to a size 10....Then another 15 and I was into a 7-8...another 10 and I was wearing a 5-6...now, I'm into about a 3-4...depending on the brand...after losing another 5lbs...
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    Went from a size 8 to a size 6 jean after 10 pounds, size 6-4 after another 5.
  • MoreLikeAPanda
    Options
    Wow - these are really great! Hopefully me some day. *sigh*
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I started at 244 as a size 22W. After losing 33 lbs, I'm between a 16 and an 18 (still plus-size).
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm down 100 now I've gone from a 28 to a 16 so far
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm down 35 and I've gone from a tight to an almost 16. I started at 245...its been frustrating. But I went from a 2xl on top to a large at most stores
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I went from a 20 to a 10 after losing 55 lbs.
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really think it probly depends on your height and body shape. last time I was losing weight 25 pounds got me one size down.
    Good Luck!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    they say for every 10 lbs u lose, u drop a size
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Normally it's 10lb for 1 pant size... that's what I've heard... but all clothes are so different now that it probably just depends on your own body
  • vibrant80
    vibrant80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight (upper 230s, I don't know exactly) I was a 22W pant and a 18-20 or 2x top. Down 20 lbs (216), and I'm now an 18W (sometimes a non-W 18!) bottom and 16 or 1x top...not quite to a standard XL. FWIW, I'm 5'2".
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    So I've heard, the general rule is 10lb loss to go down a size. Of course that's not true for everyone as everyone loses weight in different areas an have different body types. Just a general concensus(yikes, I dont know if that's spelled right)
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs and not gone down a size at all. I wear a size 10, my jeans do fit looser though. I have wide hips and really the lowest I could probably fit into anyways is an 8, maybe a 6 who knows. Plus my body likes to hoard fat at my hips, butt and thighs...it will probably be the last thing to go! I'm definitely noticing more weight loss in my upper body.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and it took me 25 pounds to go from a tight fitting 16 to a "perfect" size 13. LOL Sometimes, I can sneak into a 12 -- other times, it's a 14 but tailored.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    lost about 32, went from a tighttight 15 to a "why am I still wearing this extra fabric" 13. but i cant get into an 11 (which techniquely i should be in...) because i havent lost that much weight in my lower midsection. not without a bad muffin top!

in EVEN sizes, it was 16/15, 14/15, 14/13, now a slight 12/13. about 5-10 pounds each change.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15.8 lbs. and went from a size 20 to a size 16. 2X down to a comfy XL. Every body is different though. I'm 5' 5" and 209 lbs. I kind of doubt I'd continue a pant size every 10 lbs.

The nice thing is that even if the scale is only inching down, the sizes are more encouraging to me. I'm really shrinking! This is really happening! It doesn't get much better than that. :)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Lost 204lbs, went from 62 waist 5x/6x shirts to size 42 waist and xl shirts