Jillians Newsletter

Options
JILLIAN'S TIP OF THE DAY

Remember Who You're Doing It For

In last night's episode, one of the players was faced with a choice: to stay loyal to her team, or to stand up for herself. Ultimately, Amy C. acted in her own best interest and decided to vote against a former teammate - and given the possible ramifications, it was about as brave a thing as I've seen anyone do this season.

Amy C.'s decision is a great example of something I want you all to take to heart: You're losing weight and getting healthy for YOU. You're not doing it for a teammate, a spouse, or anyone else. So always keep your needs right at the top of your priority list, and keep doing your thing!:heart:

WEDNESDAY: DID YOU CATCH THE SHOW?

This Week on The Biggest Loser: Everything Changes

This week, the contestants went from competing as teams to standing on their own, and the kicked-off players came back for a second chance. Nothing would be the same after this...Here's how it played out.

They're Back: The boys and girls on the Ranch know by now that when Alison comes knocking, it's never good news. So when she showed up at the house at the beginning of the week, the players were apprehensive.

First, she informed them that from now on, there were no more teams - they would be playing as singles now. That's always a huge game-changer, since it means when you fall below that yellow line, you can't necessarily count on your team to save you (as one player later found out...keep reading for more on that).

But that wasn't the only bomb that Alison had to drop. For the second big reveal, she led the players to the gym, where the scale was set up and ready to go. Alison explained that the players' biggest threat wasn't in the room with them yet...and then Phil, the last player to be kicked off (and no friend of the Blue Team, I might add) strolled in. After him followed Amy P., Shellay, and all but one of the other kicked-off contestants.

Jerry couldn't make it because he had to work, which was a big disappointment for his daughter Coleen. But her dad did send her a special video message letting her know that she was an inspiration to him and that they were still in this together. Each cast-off weighed in, and we got to see the amazing progress they made at home.

If the players weren't a little scared by the threats potentially coming back to haunt them, they should have been! Alison announced that only one person would be coming back to the game - but
instead of winning that right in the weigh-in, they would have to earn it in the next day's challenge.
Staying One Step Ahead: And let me tell you, that challenge was not a cakewalk. Each of the kicked-off contestants was given his or her own step.

The rules were simple: The first person to step up and down 1,000 times would win the spot back on the Ranch - and immunity at the weigh-in. Ed and Phil came out of the gate strong, and for a while it looked like a two-person race between them. But then Stacey (remember her from Week 1?) powered up from behind and gave those boys a run for their money. She stayed right at Ed's heels, but in the end, he stayed a few steps ahead of her and won the challenge.

Inspiration From a Winner: Later in the week, the players got an unexpected visit from Ali Vincent, last season's winner and the first woman to be crowned Biggest Loser. She gave everyone a pep talk and brought along a dietitian to share healthy eating tips for life after the show. It was a big boost to everyone, especially my girls - and they needed it, because in the rest of the workouts that week, I KILLED them in the gym.

With Ed back in the game, there were five blue shirts and three black, and I knew that if one of my girls fell below the yellow line, she was a goner. We were not in a good position, and when my team's been backed into a corner, that's when I start to get REALLY mean at the gym. I tried to explain to my girls that my being nice wasn't going to do them any favors, but I'm not sure they heard me through all the screams of pain...

Every Girl for Herself: This week's weigh-in was a nail-biter for my girls and me, as we watched and prayed that none of them would fall below the yellow line. But sadly, Michelle did, along with former Blue Team member Brady. When all was said and done on the scale and Bob and I left for the night, Alison threw yet another curveball at the players: They would go to the elimination immediately, with no time to deliberate, discuss, or strategize.

As they went down the line and revealed their votes, the players stuck pretty much to party lines - former Blue Team members voted for Michelle, and former Black Team members voted to oust Brady. It all came down to Amy C.'s vote.

Now, when her mom Shellay was back on the Ranch earlier in the week, she'd advised Amy to play for herself and not be too trusting of others. As the fifth wheel of the former Blue Team, Amy realized she had to stick up for herself, so she voted for Brady. That created a tie, and Brady
was the one to go because he'd lost the lower percentage of body weight.

Next Week: You can bet that Vicky didn't take it too lightly when Amy helped to vote her husband off. Next week, she takes revenge in a BIG way. You don't want to miss this one - tune in next Tuesday night to find out what goes down!

Tomorrow's Tip: Don't Miss a Muscle

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    JILLIAN'S TIP OF THE DAY

Remember Who You're Doing It For

In last night's episode, one of the players was faced with a choice: to stay loyal to her team, or to stand up for herself. Ultimately, Amy C. acted in her own best interest and decided to vote against a former teammate - and given the possible ramifications, it was about as brave a thing as I've seen anyone do this season.

Amy C.'s decision is a great example of something I want you all to take to heart: You're losing weight and getting healthy for YOU. You're not doing it for a teammate, a spouse, or anyone else. So always keep your needs right at the top of your priority list, and keep doing your thing!:heart:

WEDNESDAY: DID YOU CATCH THE SHOW?

This Week on The Biggest Loser: Everything Changes

This week, the contestants went from competing as teams to standing on their own, and the kicked-off players came back for a second chance. Nothing would be the same after this...Here's how it played out.

They're Back: The boys and girls on the Ranch know by now that when Alison comes knocking, it's never good news. So when she showed up at the house at the beginning of the week, the players were apprehensive.

First, she informed them that from now on, there were no more teams - they would be playing as singles now. That's always a huge game-changer, since it means when you fall below that yellow line, you can't necessarily count on your team to save you (as one player later found out...keep reading for more on that).

But that wasn't the only bomb that Alison had to drop. For the second big reveal, she led the players to the gym, where the scale was set up and ready to go. Alison explained that the players' biggest threat wasn't in the room with them yet...and then Phil, the last player to be kicked off (and no friend of the Blue Team, I might add) strolled in. After him followed Amy P., Shellay, and all but one of the other kicked-off contestants.

Jerry couldn't make it because he had to work, which was a big disappointment for his daughter Coleen. But her dad did send her a special video message letting her know that she was an inspiration to him and that they were still in this together. Each cast-off weighed in, and we got to see the amazing progress they made at home.

If the players weren't a little scared by the threats potentially coming back to haunt them, they should have been! Alison announced that only one person would be coming back to the game - but
    instead of winning that right in the weigh-in, they would have to earn it in the next day's challenge.
    Staying One Step Ahead: And let me tell you, that challenge was not a cakewalk. Each of the kicked-off contestants was given his or her own step.

The rules were simple: The first person to step up and down 1,000 times would win the spot back on the Ranch - and immunity at the weigh-in. Ed and Phil came out of the gate strong, and for a while it looked like a two-person race between them. But then Stacey (remember her from Week 1?) powered up from behind and gave those boys a run for their money. She stayed right at Ed's heels, but in the end, he stayed a few steps ahead of her and won the challenge.

Inspiration From a Winner: Later in the week, the players got an unexpected visit from Ali Vincent, last season's winner and the first woman to be crowned Biggest Loser. She gave everyone a pep talk and brought along a dietitian to share healthy eating tips for life after the show. It was a big boost to everyone, especially my girls - and they needed it, because in the rest of the workouts that week, I KILLED them in the gym.

With Ed back in the game, there were five blue shirts and three black, and I knew that if one of my girls fell below the yellow line, she was a goner. We were not in a good position, and when my team's been backed into a corner, that's when I start to get REALLY mean at the gym. I tried to explain to my girls that my being nice wasn't going to do them any favors, but I'm not sure they heard me through all the screams of pain...

Every Girl for Herself: This week's weigh-in was a nail-biter for my girls and me, as we watched and prayed that none of them would fall below the yellow line. But sadly, Michelle did, along with former Blue Team member Brady. When all was said and done on the scale and Bob and I left for the night, Alison threw yet another curveball at the players: They would go to the elimination immediately, with no time to deliberate, discuss, or strategize.

As they went down the line and revealed their votes, the players stuck pretty much to party lines - former Blue Team members voted for Michelle, and former Black Team members voted to oust Brady. It all came down to Amy C.'s vote.

Now, when her mom Shellay was back on the Ranch earlier in the week, she'd advised Amy to play for herself and not be too trusting of others. As the fifth wheel of the former Blue Team, Amy realized she had to stick up for herself, so she voted for Brady. That created a tie, and Brady
    was the one to go because he'd lost the lower percentage of body weight.

Next Week: You can bet that Vicky didn't take it too lightly when Amy helped to vote her husband off. Next week, she takes revenge in a BIG way. You don't want to miss this one - tune in next Tuesday night to find out what goes down!

Tomorrow's Tip: Don't Miss a Muscle
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: