Calories left over

Options
What's an acceptable range of calories to have left over. With the amount of exercise that I usually do everyday, I sometimes have between 500 and 800 calories left. Should I try to eat more? If you could see my diary, you'd realize I eat plenty haha.

Replies

• catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    if your eating enough, and your extra calories are from exercising, i think you are fine. :)
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    You do eat enough. Really the only time you may want to eat more is if you are hungry. =D
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I personally try to eat within 100 calories (plus or minus) of my target calories. If I go really over one day, I will try to have a bigger deficit the following day or two. If you have a late workout and can't get all the calories in for the day, perhaps have a big breakfast the next day?
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Taking a quick look...You are eatting enough!!!!! You could probably add a bit more to each meal as you have the room to move but if you are not hungry then you don't have too!!!! You look like you eatting very well!!!!

so you should be making sure you get at least 1610 per day!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    For me a good rule of thumb is to try and keep my Net Figure (Front Page) at at least 1200.....

If you are finding that your weight loss is stalling try and eat more of your exercise calories.....
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    You're likely eating plenty. My question is, what type of workout are you doing!?! I wish my calorie burn was that high :)
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Swimming is my workout of choice, and I'm not talking about leisurely swimming. Hardcore breast stroking for like 30 minutes burns alot!
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Swimming is my workout of choice, and I'm not talking about leisurely swimming. Hardcore breast stroking for like 30 minutes burns alot!

Wow, good for you! That takes me out of the running! Swimming is one thing I am just no good at!
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Also, hiking