Question for those who have finished C25k...

Options
Now that you are runners, do you run almost everyday, or do you still skip days in between? I burn the most calories while I'm running and it would be hard not to choose that most days. but I'm not sure if that is good. I know some people run almost everyday, but I still have about 40 lbs to lose and I'm thinking it might be hard on my body. Any thoughts?

Replies

• dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm training for a 12k race in October and a half in December... I run 4 days a week. A 30min run, a 20 minute run, a 1.5 mile run and a long run (up to 6 miles with week, woohoo!). Personally, I would keep days off inbetween and do some cross training. I also elleptical, rollerblade and do yoga.
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Skip days and when you are upping your miles do it slowly. I tried to move much too quickly and didn't take enough rest days, and I've ended up with a stress fracture that has me sidelined. Do things on your off days that don't put so much pressure on your lower extremities.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I was still running 3 days a week until recently when I started training for my first half marathon... now I run 4 days. Really don't know if I'd run more, my knees might not like me and I don't want to risk injury!!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I am training for a half marathon and I do 3 days with days off (or cross training) in between: two short runs (30-45 minutes) and one long run on Sunday mornings...most programs recommend that beginners (and even intermediate runners) stick to 3 days a week so you don't overtrain :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I typically run 4x a week, sometimes on back to back days, but not really LONG runs back to back.
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    I run usually 3 or 4 days a week; sometimes only twice. I have 2 rest days a week, and some days I take classes. I would LOVE to run more than that because I get such a high from it, but since I have over 60 lbs still to lose, my joints start to hurt.