August Challenge "FUNKY UNCHUNKY MONKEY'S" (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hi there all. .A little about me. .. . I am always and I mean always up for a challenge. . hope that you all are pumped for this. . . .

I am a single mother, studying to be a personal trainer. . . and training in nutrition as well. . . I am spunky, silly, and most of all laid back. . everyone welcome. . Lets kill it. . . .

Welcome to the "Funky unchunky monkey's" . . . . .. Please introduce yourself and tell everyone a little about yourself. ..

PS: I am from cali. . . .40years young. . . because of course fourty is the new 20. .. Let lets go. . . Please team make sure that you are getting your water in. . That is a big thing of mine. . The recommended is 1/2 your weight in ounces. . . .

Okay so here is the adjusted roster and our final team~ Good luck time to light off the dynomite.

Team 9
Captain jade39
1 bell33usx2
2 smartfungorgeous
3 MOOOSEEE3
4 nisijam5
5 polkadotrevival
6 ablake80
7 alisa1973
8 momsusan
9 WhomII
10 Whomshubby
11 Katiemarie4488
12 onlyrobey1
13 myurk
14 kyleeann15
15 mamathrash2
16 Nikkerz620
17 clydeisme
18 bonsbigdaddy
19 nwinter2612
20 slimothy89

Replies

• onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Checking in...
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    BRING IT FOLKS! It's going be a great August!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hi there all. .A little about me. .. . I am always and I mean always up for a challenge. . hope that you all are pumped for this. . . .

I am a single mother, studying to be a personal trainer. . . and training in nutrition as well. . . I am spunky, silly, and most of all laid back. . everyone welcome. . Lets kill it. . . .

Welcome to the "Funky unchunky monkey's" . . . . .. Please introduce yourself and tell everyone a little about yourself. ..

PS: I am from cali. . . .40years young. . . because of course fourty is the new 20. .. Let lets go. . . Please team make sure that you are getting your water in. . That is a big thing of mine. . The recommended is 1/2 your weight in ounces. . . .

Okay so here is the adjusted roster and our final team~ Good luck time to light off the dynomite.

Team 9
    Captain jade39
    1 bell33usx2
    2 smartfungorgeous
    3 crazymama2two
    4 nisijam5
    5 polkadotrevival
    6 ablake80
    7 alisa1973
    8 momsusan
    9 WhomII
    10 Whomshubby
    11 Katiemarie4488
    12 onlyrobey1
    13 myurk
    14 kyleeann15
    15 mamathrash2
    16 Nikkerz620
    17 clydeisme
    18 bonsbigdaddy
    19 nwinter2612
    20 slimothy89

Was fixing the list one last time. . Thank you Gary.
  • nwinter2612
    nwinter2612 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nicole and I am 30 years old. I am a stay at home mom to a 1 1/2 year old boy named Kyle. I have tried to be active since my pregnency, but pelvic, sciatica and lower back pain caused me to take the easy road and cry over my pain and not stretch or lightly work the supporting muscles. Also last year my husband deployed two weeks after my sons birth so it was so easy to use food and eating out to be my therepy and social interaction. Now that my husband is back from a year long deployment I am ready to focus more on ME so I can be a healther and happpier mother and wife.

SW 171
    CW159
    GW 135
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm 23 and from Canada. Hoping to get in shape and lose a few along the way! Always up for a challenge to keep me motivated. Looking forward to being teammates!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im 37 - mother of 2 - i live in the states (Rhode Island) - i work from home - am an emotional wreck more often than not - and this challenge is in need of kicking my *kitten*!!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    and i just wanted to say if any of the group members want to "friend request" me for added support, please do because i dont know any of you guys except for jade...so feel free. id like to help you kick butt!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Totally psyched for this!!

WOOHOO, we're going to kick butt!
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    and i just wanted to say if any of the group members want to "friend request" me for added support, please do because i dont know any of you guys except for jade...so feel free. id like to help you kick butt!

Yeah, what she said. I've been trying to put in friend requests, but I got tired.....

Anyway, SO, next week I'm starting bootcamp with my girlfriend and I decided to try running. I'm going to go look up couch to 5K and get started with that on Monday....whew, I'm already tired....JK!! woop woop!
  • clydeisme
    clydeisme Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Team,
    I'm Bonnie and this is my second week using MFP and finding it very helpful! I'm very excited to be apart of this challenge, I think all motivation is needed in this journey! I'm a stay at home mother to a beautiful 9 month old daughter, we live in CA (bay area). I am so very committed to loosing weight and changing my eating and exercise habits! I can't wait to get to know everyone better.
    Cheers!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Hi Team,
    I'm Bonnie and this is my second week using MFP and finding it very helpful! I'm very excited to be apart of this challenge, I think all motivation is needed in this journey! I'm a stay at home mother to a beautiful 9 month old daughter, we live in CA (bay area). I am so very committed to loosing weight and changing my eating and exercise habits! I can't wait to get to know everyone better.
    Cheers!
    \

Ah. .. see I was going to ask you where that was!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Heya all! :tongue:
  • ablake80
    ablake80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check in. I swear I thought I posted on this. Or maybe it was another post.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, if you want the team logo for your forum post, use this url:

MonkeyBusiness-3-1.jpg

When you put it into your signature box, change the letters "img" in caps to lowercase, or it won't show up.

and if you find any mistakes, holler and we'll get it fixed! =)
  • ablake80
    Options
    Awww... I love the logo, that is too cute! Definitely adding.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Awww... I love the logo, that is too cute! Definitely adding.

thanks! =)
  • ablake80
    Options
    Question.... when/where do we post our goals for loss in the month of August, etc? I want to stay realistic on this one. I know 2lbs a week would be wonderful but I want to make sure I meet goal too and I'm afraid that will be hard for some reason. LOL. I just don't want to let any one down. I'm just now back in the weight loss thing and actually committing to it this time with the exercise included.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Good morning everyone. . yesterday I posed in the newsfeed and no I am posting here. .. . Please send me your starting weight. . .I need it right away. . . PM it to me or post to my profile. . ..

Thanks.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Up and downs: Remember to do the modification if you need to. 4 on the floor stand up quickly and the drop back to the 4 on the floor immediately after that!

video http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise