eat exercise calories on a different day?

Options
I ate about 1200 calories today (just under goal without workout.)

Then, I burned about 700 in my workout.

I'm not hungry at all. If I ate now, I'd feel sick. Tomorrow, I will be going out for dinner with friends, and I will not be working out. I am sure I will be very hungry then.

Is it ok if I just eat those back later?

I find that this is a pattern lately. I work out late in the day, so I don't get hungry until the next day, and then on my lighter workout days or rest days, I'm ravenous.

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Your body is not on a 24 hour timer. It does not reset at midnight. I wouldn't, personally, carry calories for several days; but for the next day, sure.
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way sometimes. any advice?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I try to keep mine under over the week - so if I've had a big workout day and have 500 calories leftover that I can't eat, I might eat them on another day. I hate seeing that red at the end of the day though... so disappointing.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    No worries. I won't save up those calories until the weekend or anything. I'm almost positive I'll chow down tomorrow. I just can't do it now.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I track a weekly average and that's pretty much what I go with.

Or if you know you are going to workout eat more during the day, the you HAVE to workout,
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The DAILY caloric deficit created by MFP is for WEEKLY weight loss. As long as your deficit for the week is at 3500, you should still lose a pound. This means you can be over some days, under others and still lose weight as long as you weekly net is at or under your goal. So if you aren't hungry today, go ahead and eat more tomorrow.
  • kochany
    kochany Posts: 32
    Options
    I would try not to eat them at all but if you cant go with out it at least limit your self.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you can, its like zig zagging your calories and good to vary them, its over the long run, weekly/monthly etc, that makes the difference.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    If I have a low calorie day (like yesterday), I usually wake up the next day hungry, and compensate (which I did!). I think if you have a total deficit at the end of the week, you will be fine.