Bloating...???

Options
lissypriss
lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
Ok, it never fails. No matter how much/little I eat, or what I eat, my stomach will bloat! I've tried cutting white flour, corn, certain greens....NOTHING helps! I'm beginning to think I'm doomed. :( I have food allergies to shellfish, but I am really careful reading labels, and I don't drink much milk and yogurt is basically the only dairy I have with the exception of an ounce of cheese or two once in a while. Does anyone else have this issue or am I just weird? Lol! There have been a few times at night that I look pregnant! What's up with this??

Replies

• kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    I have the same problem. I find it is better without the wheat products but can still be significant. I'm not sure what the answer is.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Id like to know too. THis happens to me as well... and totally not sexy...
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I know what you mean! The only time i don't feel bloated is immediately after working out. Other than that i have that problem all the time.
  • amberwaves74
    Options
    One day I drank a protein shake and I ended up looking seven months pregnant. Turns out I'm intolerant to soy. I experimented a little more and found the same effect with peanuts and other legumes, but soy is the worst.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Milk does this to me
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello.... OK I know this is going to sound CRAZY but it happened to me every time I would eat or drink anything after surgery and for about a month everyday I took 2 gel caps of GAS~X, extra strength (my doctor advice) and within that month it really worked and yes I looked like I was packing a huge beach ball nonstop! (Sometimes in public I would just play it off like I was pregnant and held my stomach, That's how embarrassed I was) Thank goodness it went away!! I know it might not be every ones fix but it cheap in cost and can't hurt... I used CVS or Kroger brand CHEAP... Good Luck I've been there and not just the looks I had the sounds to go along with it... YES only at the wrong quite times!!! OF COURSE!!! Hope this helps at least one person!!
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello.... OK I know this is going to sound CRAZY but it happened to me every time I would eat or drink anything after surgery and for about a month everyday I took 2 gel caps of GAS~X, extra strength (my doctor advice) and within that month it really worked and yes I looked like I was packing a huge beach ball nonstop! (Sometimes in public I would just play it off like I was pregnant and held my stomach, That's how embarrassed I was) Thank goodness it went away!! I know it might not be every ones fix but it cheap in cost and can't hurt... I used CVS or Kroger brand CHEAP... Good Luck I've been there and not just the looks I had the sounds to go along with it... YES only at the wrong quite times!!! OF COURSE!!! Hope this helps at least one person!!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I read something recently about something called FODMAPs, you can Google it. They are certain carbohydrates that some people have trouble with, bloating and intestinal discomfort are some of the symptoms. You might want to see if these foods correspond to your symptoms.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yep happens to me on occasion as well. Once you get into the habit of eating healthier it becomes easier to notice...before I got into a healthy lifestyle I was always in a continuous state of being bloated...I just didn't realize it! Once I started eating healthy I saw an improvement on some days, but then other days I was bloated.

I've figured out over time which foods cause it to happen and which foods don't. I generally find I'm ok as long as the food I eat is really clean/unprocessed/whole foods...but even then, there are certain whole foods, or food combinations that will cause me to feel bloated. It's kind of a trial and error type thing for every individual. So you may just be sensitive to certain foods. Try eliminating things you think may be the cause and keep track of the results in your food journal.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    salt or too much sodium. i threw out my salt today and already look and feel better
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with that, too. One of the things that has helped (and maybe you've already tried this) is.... wait for it ... eating slower. And chewing my food more. I still deal with some bloat, but it's not nearly as noticeable. I asked my mom once (she's a General Practice doctor) why this would be true and she said that if the stomach and digestive system have to work harder to digest food, it can cause bloat. So this is just a thought. Like I said, I still deal with some bloat even though I've implemented this.

Hang in there!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, even the shellfish LOL

The best thing I have found that works for me is intermittent fasting. I basically eat all my calories at night. Instead of eating every 2-3 hours, I actually give my digestive system a break every day and it helps me to feel better. Do some research at leangains.com Also, having the right amount of fiber in your diet helps. Too much or too little causes you to bloat.