New to MyFitnessPal

Hi! I'm Michelle. My husband introduced me to this site (thinks that he wants me to lose weight but just dont want to hurt my feelings). This site seems to be pretty cool. Since starting on this site, I lost 3 pounds and then gained 6 back. very disappointed with myself. I have not changed my eating habits for the most part. I still eat the same foods, just trying to cut back and eat smaller portions. I have cut out chocolate completely (other than when i feel depressed and have a bowl of ice cream) and have cut way down on my soda. I drink a LOT more water now than I used to, almost preferring water than soda when grabbing a drink out of the frig. Only at meals now do I grab for the soda.
I am thinking about trying Zumba. Has anyone else tried this? Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?
Please add me as a friend so that I can follow messages as I have not really figured out how to check for responses yet on this site.
I live in NC so if there are any others around this area, give me a holler! I think that if I have someone to workout with that is at the same pace as me, I might be more motivated in working out more. for right now I am only going for walks at nite and getting my rollerskates out for my workouts. If I could only find a skating rink nearby with my kind of music, I would do great!!!!!

Thanks and have a great day!
Michelle

Replies

• jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    I'm a newbie too and I have the gain it all back curse too. We can be weight loss buddies! I haven't tried zumba except for on the wii and I HATED it! I apparently need real people to show me how to do it and then maybe I'd like it. let me know what works for you
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    A friend request is on its way! I have quite a ways further to go, so I plan on being here for a while yet! :smile:
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Welcome Michelle! I love this site!! I have tried Zumba classes and I LOVE them!!! I also just got Zumba for the Wii and although it isn't as good as the class I like it pretty good. Of course everyone is different and the best thing to do is try different things to find what YOU like ....because you will be more apt to stick with it if you enjoy it. Good luck!!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 317 Member
    Hi Michelle,

Welcome! This is a great site with a lot of supportive people. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :smile:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP. This is a great resource and you'll find here all the info you need to become the person you want.
    Based on your post though I must say one thing. The only intent of food is to keep you alive. You need to eat in order to fuel your body. Food is not a emotional thing and should never be. You need to get that idea that food comforts you out of your head.

If you're not 100% committed in doing this you won't succeed, there will be hard times and there will be good times but if you're not 100% into this you'll quit when the hard times hit. What is working for me is to make this process a lifestyle change. Not a diet, not a temporary thing but something that will be permanent in my life. I will eat healthier and exercise regularly hopefully for the rest of my life and that will bring me eventually to where I want to be.

The most important part of it is to enjoy yourself while you do it, whatever you do here, your foods, your exercise, make it a enjoyable experience, if you do that you've simply made it into something you do for pleasure rather then a chore or a sacrifice.

Enjoy the site and good luck on your journey.