Hi From Kentucky

Just wanted to say Hi, Im new to this and I really want to start a diet program just for my health:happy: ! Im only 19 years old and recently I have put on 15 pounds of excess weight and Im just puzzled as to how quickly I put on the weight and didn't realize it until I stepped onto some scales! I honestly couldn't tell that I had really gained any weight until I hit the scales, boy was I in shock! I used to weigh between 142-146 and im currently at 162 ... Im not really labeled as fat by my friends and family they just say Im muscular looking, but to myself 162 seems a bit over board for me. I've taken my BMI and it states that im overweight so Im really looking to lose about 15 pounds! Wish me Luck! Thanks and I hope to speak to some great ppl on here to encourage me! :glasses:

107488.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• Just wanted to say Hi, Im new to this and I really want to start a diet program just for my health:happy: ! Im only 19 years old and recently I have put on 15 pounds of excess weight and Im just puzzled as to how quickly I put on the weight and didn't realize it until I stepped onto some scales! I honestly couldn't tell that I had really gained any weight until I hit the scales, boy was I in shock! I used to weigh between 142-146 and im currently at 162 ... Im not really labeled as fat by my friends and family they just say Im muscular looking, but to myself 162 seems a bit over board for me. I've taken my BMI and it states that im overweight so Im really looking to lose about 15 pounds! Wish me Luck! Thanks and I hope to speak to some great ppl on here to encourage me! :glasses:

107488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Good Luck to you! Im a newbie as well. :smile:
  • Thank u and good luck to u also!!!!
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Hello, Like you i was shock ,I am 5feet 7 inches i weigh 194 and i did not relize it .Tll i went to the doctors. They gave me the paper to take up after woods and i glance at it ,he as the overweight space check mark overweight ! ,my eyes open up like a pear of glasses,Now i am down to 17 pounds.I wish you good luck !!!!
  • Thank you so much for the wishes ...this is going to be a tough road ...I like to exercise its just motivating myself enough to exercise ...hehehe Im so crazy!!! LOL whats so hard about telling myself I need to exercise plus I love junk food :frown: big no no for me shamey shamey lol