Burn calories

Options
Am I going to hardcore ? suggestions, when I burn most calories with my excercise ? most days I'm just not hungry and I just eat to add calories. feel free to view my dairy and give suggestions:wink:

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight like this? You have goo food choices but are eating under.
  • nicolesummer25
    Options
    how do you read people's food diaries?
  • darlenewanamaker
    darlenewanamaker Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I been the same weight since 7/15
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Depends on your height and composition. . but you should have at least 1000-1200. . . The recommended is to no fall below 1200. . .Since I see you already consume nuts. .. I would recommend a good protein shake that you can drink or sip on . . That will help you get in your calories. .

You really need them for muscle recovery. . . It is very important. . Just my thoughts.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think you should be eating way more then what you are, aim for at least a net intake of 1200 calories a day. If you think that's too much food add high calorie snacks like almonds for instance.

Make sure you have a strong breakfast too to keep you energized through the day.
  • darlenewanamaker
    Options
    Thanks ! what about the excercise to hardcore should I tone it down a lil and just strength.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hardcore exercises are not particularly problematic assuming you eat enough to recover and don't feel tired when you wake up or injured.

If you are injury free then just make sure you eat a lot more to cover the calorie deficit. A good rate would be to be 200-300 cal maximum under your target each day
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I looked back over the alst few days of your exercise, and I don't think it's too hardcore. A lot of your calories come from cleaning (which i don't count because it's an everyday activity for me that I was doing before i got on here). I'd think about adding some strength training in though to be more balanced.
  • darlenewanamaker
    Options
    thanks !
  • darlenewanamaker
    Options
    that's what I was thinking :)
  • 100lb
    100lb Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I looked back over the alst few days of your exercise, and I don't think it's too hardcore. A lot of your calories come from cleaning (which i don't count because it's an everyday activity for me that I was doing before i got on here). I'd think about adding some strength training in though to be more balanced.

That's good suggestion. Only counting what you do extra, not everyday activities. The idea of 1200 calories is that you need around 2000 to maintain weight for normal everyday activities, so will lose on 1200. If you are logging calorific cost of everything you do then out may seem like not taking in enough calories. Also a lot of the activities in the database are too high, our theoretical maximums.

Not sure you are extreme. I went to the gym yesterday did 30 mins cross train at full resistance, 500 cals (less than what the app suggested), 30 min cycle, 300 cals, then some strength exercises, then finally 30 mins crosstrain for 400+
    Today was my weigh in and that knocked extra off. I have read that many gym machines are generous in their calorific estimations, so that makes the database more so.

Of you are not losing weight then either the "cal intake - exercise expenditure" needs looking at, or if you are not eating much (ignoring exercise expenditure) and below 1200 then your body may go into famine mode