Down under in a bikini???

Options
Is there anyone else down under in the southern hemisphere contemplating in buying a bikini for the summer??

I am, and am thinking it may be a waste of money... Or motivation to look good in it, keep to my calories and work out those abs!

Replies

• mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else down under in the southern hemisphere contemplating in buying a bikini for the summer??

I am, and am thinking it may be a waste of money... Or motivation to look good in it, keep to my calories and work out those abs!
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm not down under, but I did buy the bikini for motivation..2 to be exact, each at just under $100.. that was 2 summers ago.. haha..but I still love them, never wear them but I might actually go put them on tonight for motivation..expensive motivation.. I'm lucky they haven't gone out of style yet!!

Buy one, only if you absolutely love and try it on once a week! I think I will start doing that!
  • laird20k
    Options
    Oh.. and I'm soo jealous.. We had freezing rain all morning and the forcast for snow!! I want to come down under!!
  • mariethai
    Options
    Just to put you straight - its rare that its warm enough for a bikini where I come from - it rains alot through summer (sometimes more than winter!) But there are some nice days! But I am starting to feel optimistic about the bikini and the sun!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the southern hemisphere but my goal is to look good in a 2 piece by NEXT summer.
  • laird20k
    Options
    oh haha.. okay not as jealous.. but i'd still take rain over -40 temperature!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull off a bikini :ohwell: stretch marks and extra skin are not very flattering :sad:

But hey I sure could go for a cute knee length sundress... I havn't worn a dress since I was 8 :laugh:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm up and almost over (Minnesota), but I've got a super cute, very fitting, red, halter tankini from Anne Klein I bought last year on super sale determined to fit into on one of my upcoming vacations, either Mexico in December, or Aruba in April. Probably because of my squishy middle it will be April, but that thing is going to be hanging up from my Armoire until it fits!!! :bigsmile:
  • mariethai
    Options
    'but that thing is going to be hanging up from my Armoire until it fits!!! '

I love your determination!

Why are middles always so spongy? I feel if I ever (no, when I wear) a bikini I wont be able to eat or drink while I do so and my stomach will get sore holding my stomach in (or worse yet I forget to hold my stomach in and wreck the illusion!)...

There is something so reasurring about a skick and smooth black one piece that holds everything nicely in place!
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull off a bikini :ohwell: stretch marks and extra skin are not very flattering :sad:

I so hear you on that!

I was reading this thread thinking exactly the same thing.

We'll have to get really amazing one-pieces!

:flowerforyou: