Heart Rate and Asthma

Options
I have allergy asthma and it seems to be terrible right now. I started the C25K program this week and while I'm at a run, about 6 mph at a 2% incline my heart rate is 182-185, while brisk walking it is about 170, sometimes a bit lower. I was wondering if it was so high because I'm having trouble catching my breath with my asthma (it's not very controlled right now)? I feel fine otherwise while running. Any input would be awesome! Thanks!

FYI: will be heading to the doc hopefully next week, but in the meantime thought I'd ask around! :)

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    How scary! My advice? Stop. Until you've seen your doc and gotten this under control, stop. At the very least, call your doc and explain what's going on, see what he advises. I don't have anything else for you. I hope your doc can help you get this under control.

Good luck!

Kris
  • nikki722
    nikki722 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure about the whole asthma thing because i do not have it, but wanted to let you know when i'm running my heart rate is always above 170 and can get as high as 190. i'm not concerned about the high heartrate because i feel find otherwise. I don't think your heartrate is high for running in general, but if you are having a hard time breathing, maybe stop until you get checked out? Or try running at a slower pace until then?