Gym or Home?

Options
13»

Replies

• PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I prefer to workout at home. However, when I was in college I loved going to the rec center since it had more than I had in my house. Gyms still have more, but now I'm less motivated than I was then. I tend to do exercise videos or take Charlie, my chocolate lab, on a run. I also do a lot of random workouts when I'm watching various shows. Like doing leg lifts or ab exercises. My sister was a personal trainer (now she does research on cardiovascular disease) and she got me into the habit of doing this when I was in school. So, now I'm trying to start this again. I didn't realize how much of a workout I could get while mindlessly working out and watching a show.

I do this too when I watch movies!
  • MelisaC
    Options
    I loved the gym... but now I cant afford it. I loved being held accountabl by my other workout buddies. At home Im just not motivated... Does anyone have any thing that will help motivate me at home?

I know what you mean about the gym being expensive! I work out at home now and save a bunch of $$. I use a free online program called WOWY (work out with you) where you can log in your workouts at home. If you have friends that do it to you can set up a time to work out "together" which helps keep me accountable. I have a group of people who work out with me at dark-o-clock... :-)

Let me know if you're interested in WOWY and I can tell you how to sign up!

Melisa
    www.changeyourlifewithmel.com