Even the smallest NSV's add up to a great feeling!

Options
MrsWibbly
MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
While showering after my workout and walk this morning I noticed something that got me really excited - the little dimples in my thighs, the ones that just show how much fat is there (girls - you know what I mean!) are GONE! All of them. Got a mirror and checked the back of my thighs too. Only on day 6 of 30DS and doing a couple of 7.5km walks per week (started last Thursday) so this is the result of only ONE WEEK's work.

Then I got to thinking about the other stuff I have noticed.

My sense of smell has improved - sounds wierd I know but as a mild ashmatic I have noticed I don't breath well through my nose, until now when I feel I can breath deeper and get less breathless working out.

I feel more energetic and feel that I could tackle anything.

I am more flexible - I can now reach the middle of my back without any strain and step over the stairgate (which stops my 23 month old son playing on the stairs) with ease and without having to hang on to the wall and bannister.

All this and I only really got serious about this last Thursday. Why last Thursday? On Wednesday night I was reading some of the posts I'd written and it was just a list of weight gains and excuses. I didn't like it one bit - I sounded like a whinger crying out for sympathy. Something snapped and on the next morning I went to work with my husband for the sole purpose of walking home again (about 7.5km) and this is the biggest thing...

Last Thursday the 7.5km took me 116mins
Last Friday the same 7.5km took me 102mins
On Tuesday the same 7.5km took me 88mins
Today, exactly one week after my first walk, the 7.5km walk took me 80mins - that is 36mins faster than last week!!!

There is only one small downside to this - that means I have less minutes to record in my exercise journal so I get to eat less calories. On the plus side of that though is if I eat less calories maybe I will lose some weight!!!

Feeling so good I have abandoned my jeans and put on a skirt just to go to the supermarket :happy:

Replies

• RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!

This is all great and you should be very proud!!
  • tammydspice
    tammydspice Posts: 102
    Options
    I love it when things SNAP into place! It is like a smack in the face that is needed at that exact moment and off you go!! FANTASTIC!! Congrats and keep it up!! xxxooo
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Awesome!!!! ♥
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!