Is it an unrealistic goal?

Options
Do you thinks its unrealistic goal to want to lose 14 lbs by Christmas? I know thats 6 weeks, trying to average only 2 lbs a week.... which would give me 12. But I would love 14. What do you think?

Replies

• MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do you thinks its unrealistic goal to want to lose 14 lbs by Christmas? I know thats 6 weeks, trying to average only 2 lbs a week.... which would give me 12. But I would love 14. What do you think?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I think you can do it. It does take a considerable amount of time working out too. Remember to do it safely. According to my Doctor, you would have to cut your calories by 10%. Yep, she said 10%. Work out at least 3-5 days a week for just 20 minutes a day.....
  • smprfi222
    Options
    I think you should consider what your ultimate goal is. I would bet your family or friends don't care what number you weigh. If you have a long term goal, stick to that instead of the quick crunch for the holidays. Besides, its the holidays- you're probably going to have a few big meals to contend with after your hard work of diet and exercise. Christmas happens once a year. The gym is open 365.
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I'm actually aiming for about the same thing.

I think it isn't totally unrealistic, but even with a lot more weight to lose, I am preparing myself to fall short of that.

Try for the 14, but don't be disappointed if you don't make it. Even 1 or 2 would be a great accomplishment!

:flowerforyou:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    I just weighed in at the doctor's today, and have lost exactly that...14 pounds in three weeks. Of course, this is an easier feat if you are very over weight. ...But if you avoid cheating on your calorie allowance, you may make it, or at least come very close! It certainy won't hurt to try, and if you are down even 10 by Christmas, I think you will be pleased with yourself!! Good luck you and everyone!!