ON Scale Victory... ? :D

Options
ShifuYaku
ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
Today, I weighed in at 191.7. My hips and waist measurements went down by .5 inches. The only thing...?

I don't believe it. Last week it said I was 194.3. All I did was work out twice. I hadn't worked out for 2 weeks before. Do you think it's from those workouts or because I ate right, or what??? I have no idea what happened. What if the scale is lying again? :( I already have to make calculations because my scale is off by 1.9 pounds. Either way, I lost 2.6 no matter what my calculations bring me to.

So, what do you think? :wink:

Replies

• wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    take it and be happy about it! : )
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    When it comes to losing weight, it's ALL about the food and nutrition. I rarely leave my workout calories untouched.

I agree with the above comment, take it and be happy with it :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5-6 days per week, because I enjoy it. I was continually gaining weight even though I exercised plenty, until I changed my diet. If you are eating right and sticking to your calorie limit, you will lose weight even if you never exercise, because the calorie limit is based off your BMR.

Exercise is there for strength, energy, and the health of your internal organs :-)
  • jatcat310
    jatcat310 Posts: 63
    Options
    Take it! Don't over think it, you are doing something right, just keep working at it! Great job.
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    I'd definitely take it with pride! Sometimes your body responds well when you fuel it with the right stuff and give it a bit of rest. I hope your scale calculations aren't too complex, that seems like a lot of work for some little number!
  • ShifuYaku
    Options
    I'd definitely take it with pride! Sometimes your body responds well when you fuel it with the right stuff and give it a bit of rest. I hope your scale calculations aren't too complex, that seems like a lot of work for some little number!

Actually, hehe ... it's not thaaat complicated. I just take my weight and subtract it by 1.9 ;DD lol ... I didn't mean for it to sound too hard :wink:
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    time to get a new scale so you dont have to guess anymore
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I have heard that if you get in the habit of not working out for a couple of weeks you will loose weight because your muscles hold water so when you quit working out for a bit they release the water in your body, which in turn will make you loose weight. Just a guess.
  • ShifuYaku
    Options
    time to get a new scale so you dont have to guess anymore

Well the only scale I do trust is my mom's Weight Watcher scale at home, and the one I bought is kinda like it, they are both digital. But, when I compared them to each other finally side by side, the weights were off by 1.9 pounds. Just the other day, when I went home, for example, I had calculated earlier on MY scale that I was going to be 194.3 (actual scale weight 196.2). When I went home that weekend, mom's scale said I was 194.3. So, my calculations have been right so far I guess. :wink: Just hope that this weight loss is true. I have been working for 8 weeks to get below 192 pounds, and now I am, and I don't even believe it.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Uh-huh, it's known as the result of calorie counting ;-) Go you!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I would take it, too. Congrats on the loss! :):)

Just an observation (NOT directed as a slam at OP in any way, shape or form!!): Why is it so hard for us to accept a weight LOSS like this one, when we know we're on track and living well, yet so easy to accept a 1-2 pound weight GAIN from day to day when - again - we're staying within our calorie limits, working out, etc? Jeez, we're tough on ourselves!
  • ShifuYaku
    Options

Just an observation (NOT directed as a slam at OP in any way, shape or form!!): Why is it so hard for us to accept a weight LOSS like this one, when we know we're on track and living well, yet so easy to accept a 1-2 pound weight GAIN from day to day when - again - we're staying within our calorie limits, working out, etc? Jeez, we're tough on ourselves!

Ahaha I agree with you there! But I think it goes with the same fact when we cannot accept anything positive, such as winning a lottery or something else like that. We are all more trusting of the negative things. It's because people have been learning for a long time that good things don't happen as much as bad things and therefore we don't know who to trust. :smile: I getcha... and I guess I'm pretty happy about this now.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options

You my friend - are my new hero! You are so right...we are very quick to accept a GAIN but less likely to accept an unexpected (but well deserved) loss! I love your theory!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options

You my friend - are my new hero! You are so right...we are very quick to accept a GAIN but less likely to accept an unexpected (but well deserved) loss! I love your theory!

Aww, shucks. :blushing:

I read a GREAT quote in a book once: "It isn't vanity to know your own good points. It would just be stupidity if you didn't." -- LM Montgomery (author of Anne of Green Gables, but the quote is from The Story Girl, I believe - or The Golden Road.)

I just think people get really caught up in NOT wanting to brag or sound conceited that they (we) forget that it's okay to be proud of ourselves for what we've accomplished. Yes, it can be carried too far (bragging) but so often we don't even venture into the realm of allowing ourselves to revel in what we've done. And that, IMO, is pretty dang sad. No wonder people have self esteem issues! (Okay, me inclucded. But I'm working on it.)
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    my goal is to lose 1.25 lbs per week-- its gonna be hard for me to look at a scale after all my hard work and only see it go down 1 lb a week so i can certainly understand how u feel... the measurements are awesome!! i'd say its prob a combination of eating right and any exercise is better than none! i just saw a quote on here "taking a step will help you win the race a lot faster than sitting on the couch" good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!