WAISTING A-WEIGH - AUGUST TEAM CHALLENGE ((CLOSED GROUP))

Options

Replies

• ashkas2
    ashkas2 Posts: 32
    Options
    How do we get the parrot? I copied the one hotmess put up but it was the scale.
  • Shiloh101
    Shiloh101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I lost my first response. Apparently I'm not to good at this. I completed circuit training and 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Will complete the jumping jacks after work. Have completed the 64 ounces of water. Very excited about being in this challenge and will try to attach the parrot signature next. My weight as of 7/31/11 was 144. I was up two from when I posted first. My goal is to lose 5 lbs in August.

Shiloh
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    BEGINNING WEIGH IN: 216.5
    MONDAY: under calorie, 100 jacks done 64+ water
    TUESDAY:
    WEDNESDAY:
    THURSDAY:
    FRIDAY:
    SATURDAY:
    UNDER CALORIES EVERY DAY: 1/6
    LOGGED 64+ OZ. OF WATER EVERY DAY: 1/6
    ENDING WEIGH IN: XXX
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong--I do the standard copy and paste, but I can't get the parrot on my signature and I can't find the blog--any suggestions as to what to try next???

Got the 100 jumping jacks done--can you believe that, according to my HRM, it only burns 17 cals?? I would have thought it would more....oh well....drank the water and then some and got my regular workout in.

I am so motivated by this challenge!!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    Copy and paste this: waistinaweighsignature-1.png

Make the IMG lower case and you will have your signature.
  • dajm456
    dajm456 Posts: 14
    Options
    Just finished my jumping jacks on top of 30ds and elliptical! Drank well over 64oz. Probably bc it is soooo hot! Our air is broken and it's august in chicago! yuck! ;( That probably has something to do with why I caved and had a little ice cream today also! But I stayed well within my calorie goal thanks to all the exercise! Hopefully tomorrow is just as good! Keep up the awesome work everybody!!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    August in Chicago? I'll trade you for August in Florida. It's ok to indulge on a little something as long as you stay within your calorie limit! :) Great job everyone!!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    today i try the leslie sansone 5 mile walk, i have only got as far as the 4 so far so that will be my extra mile!

good luck everyone
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    I'm very excited about the enthusiasm and motivation we have going here!!! Also, it seems like everyone is taking a liking to the blog posting in addition to the forum posting. If you ladies can think of another way to make this easier, let me know and I'll give it a try!!!

TODAY: WALK/JOG/RUN ONE MILE IN ADDITION TO YOUR REGULAR EXERCISE ROUTINE.

I have things to do after work today so I hope I can find the time. I usually do a mile on the treadmill and maybe a mile on the elliptical. Today I will push for treadmill 5k (3.1 miles)! This may be a little more challenging and time consuming than our jumping jacks but we can do this!!!

Also, don't forget about NOT going over your calories and logging AT LEAST 64 (8 glasses) of water!!

Let's do it! :)
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i've done a two mile workout this morning and will get a 3 done later today, i just don't have the time to do all 5 in one go!

i have already had my 8 glasses but will be having lots more, here's to staying under calorie too
  • MiriF
    MiriF Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the blog idea, Jill!

My biggest struggle yesterday was getting in my water - I barely made the total. Hopefully today's water intake will be easier.

Looking forward to today's challenge item. I've planned to walk the extra mile but I might just run it instead!!
  • shevyface
    Options
    Fixing to do my one mile challenge! Then I have to do the Insanity workout. Probably going to feel really sore in the morning with that extra oompf being put in today. At least it'll all be worth it though! Good luck today team.

My biggest struggle yesterday was getting in my water - I barely made the total. Hopefully today's water intake will be easier.

Oh me too! I usually don't drink the right amount and it seemed like a lot, even if I sweat a major amount yesterday. Ew, I know lol. Today I've only gotten 8 oz's in so far, though it's still early. Drinking it cold and in a water bottle that has measurements on the side is helping though.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i only like drinking cold water too and always have 1 or 2 bottles either in the freezer or fridge, i use 1ltr buxton bottles with the sports lid, easy for out and about and exercising
  • catniss
    Options
    Got my 1 mile walk in this morning before it got too hot--the dog was happy about today's challenge. Already drank most of my water so that won't be a problem today. Abs and maybe elliptical today (although it's supposed to be my rest day). Good luck to the rest of my teammates!!! We can totally do this.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I ran relay races with my kindergartners today! More than a mile done and 80 ozs of water so far today. I am shooting for 110 ozs! I try to drink half my body weight in water! Everyone is doing a great job! The challenge today was hard because the heat index is 108 in Atlanta! Ugh it's a breath taking heat! :-(
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    BEGINNING WEIGH IN: 216.5
    MONDAY: under calorie, 100 jacks done 64+ water
    TUESDAY:under calorie, 1 extra mile done, 64+ water I did 2 miles and other exercising, too humid to do my other 3
    WEDNESDAY:
    THURSDAY:
    FRIDAY:
    SATURDAY:
    UNDER CALORIES EVERY DAY: 2/6
    LOGGED 64+ OZ. OF WATER EVERY DAY: 2/6
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    BEGINNING WEIGH IN: 218
    MONDAY: COMPLETED
    TUESDAY: COMPLETED
    WEDNESDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    THURSDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    FRIDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    SATURDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    UNDER CALORIES EVERY DAY: YES/NO
    LOGGED 64+ OZ. OF WATER EVERY DAY: YES/NO
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    LADIES,
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST YOUR RESULTS EVERYDAY. JUST SEND THAT TO MY INBOX ON SUNDAY AFTER IT'S ALL COMPLETED!

You are all doing an AMAZING job!!!!!!!!
  • MiriF
    MiriF Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Today getting the water in was not a problem! I guess I just got a wicked late start yesterday. ;) Did not run that extra mile - just walked it, Ive had a long day. But it still counts!!
  • catniss
    Options
    This is such a quiet group!! Where is everyone??? How is the challenge going for you all? Let's start sharing...I'll go first.

So far (and I know it's only 3 days in) this has been an amazing experience. I was having trouble staying within my calories and this challenge put the motivation back into me. I wake up looking forward to the challenges (in that bizarre exercise love-hate relationship way) and to deciding what I'll be eating and that feeling of being so proud of myself at the end of the day when I can click that button and see the green number.

I don't expect that every day for the rest of the month will be so easy, but I sure love starting out this way! And when it comes time to ask for support and encouragement, I know that I can turn here and find it in droves--just as I'll be willing and waiting to do the same.

Have a great day everyone--drink your water, do those sit-ups/crunches, enjoy what you eat and feel fantastic about yourself, knowing that you are doing this.