Just wondering

Options
How many of you wear a pedometer all day and log those calories, and what you log them as and how much time?

Replies

• maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I don't track exercise at all. I'm fairly sedentary with an office job.

I find it is far, far, far easier not to eat the calories in the first place than to try and burn them off.
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    keep in mind that MFP already creates a deficit based on your "lifestyle"
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good point...Thanks for the reminder!! I forgot all about it
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    keep in mind that MFP already creates a deficit based on your "lifestyle"

MFP drastically underestimates TDEE for people. It's only a "guide" but alot of times it's wrong.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I will often wear a pedometer all day, but I only log those miles and the time that is intentional exercise.
    Kaye
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have worn mine all day just out of curiousity. But I only log actual exercise calories. Never the every day stuff cause to me, it doesn't count.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I wear the pedometer, but I don't log the calories. I aim for 10,000 steps a day and figure that's how much I should get anyway.

Of course, I also wear it to the gym and I count those workout calories, but not in relation to the pedometer.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I wear the pedometer all day because we get $ at work for each milestone in steps we reach. I go to the gym 3 times a week because they'll reimburse part of our gym cost if we go at least that often. But, I only put the real exercise time in MFP and let it calculate those calories.